MIAs: to call or not to call, that is the question!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jowabunga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

What other people have said: do stuff that helps your team.

DarkenDragon

05-30-2012

I applogize if this has been mentioned already and im probably sure it has, but im too lazy to read all 4 pages of this thread.

if you cant keep an eye on your minimap, what makes your allies believe you can pay attention to the chat?

also I know some people mentioned this but the letters of MIA are not in close range, especially the enter key. thats precious seconds that makes you have no control of your champion. within that time you may miss a last hit or a couple of last hits, or put you just as much danger as your other lane mates because the enemy may be just in the brush above you.

i'd rather protect myself first before I protect others, because what help am I if I am dead.

in other words, you cant help others if you cant even help yourself

Crazy Crann

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post
I applogize if this has been mentioned already and im probably sure it has, but im too lazy to read all 4 pages of this thread.

if you cant keep an eye on your minimap, what makes your allies believe you can pay attention to the chat?

also I know some people mentioned this but the letters of MIA are not in close range, especially the enter key. thats precious seconds that makes you have no control of your champion. within that time you may miss a last hit or a couple of last hits, or put you just as much danger as your other lane mates because the enemy may be just in the brush above you.

i'd rather protect myself first before I protect others, because what help am I if I am dead.

in other words, you cant help others if you cant even help yourself
It takes you seconds to hit three letters?

Seriously, just call MIAs, in the lane phase at least. Sometimes people can't monitor the minimap. Sometimes they're too thick to do so. It takes nothing (MAYBE, you MIGHT lose a single creep) to do it. So do it.

Sorinta

05-30-2012

Ideally you always call MIA if you got time to type it. You should also always ping, especially if they are heading to gank another lane. If you see someone going to another lane, why would you not ping and tell them? I even ping and tell people when I see wards placed, if someone from another area is heading towards one.

It is always best to give as much information as you can to your team. Even if you have good map awareness you can't see everything. I never seen anyone complain about to much information. Just don't spam pings, that is annoying.

Onerblack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

Call mias when you can, ALWAYS. BUT don't cry if someone didn't call, is YOUR job to buy wards to your lane, IF you want to win don't count with other people.

powwder

05-31-2012

i call mia just to shut people up.

you are susposed to have map awareness but people don;t. then they get owned and complain and spend all day typing getting others pissed and feeding more.

look at it this way.......what if i told you that by calling mia's you could win 1 more game a day would you? because thats what it boils down to.

in the end its a team game so just call it....what harm is there in typing a simple "mia"

Whober

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
How do you judge when it's proper to buy wards over items? Oftentimes I find myelf a little behind in itemization because despite being the Tanky DPS or the AD carry I end up buying wards to help cover dragon, Baron, and some gank spots.

I do get yelled for this a lot, probably because carries and bruisers aren't supposed to waste gold on wards when no one else is, but I find myself doing it constantly and it's sometimes frustrating to find myself behind 200 gold on a Legendary Tier item like Frozen Mallet because I spent that gold on 5 or 6 wards.
200 gold is that dragon.Also,wards help with vision,they should honestly cost more due to the fact that they are gamechanging,lets say you put down a ward,now you have -75 gold from your team okay?Then you catch them at blue with that ward,giving 200 gold in assists and 300 gold for the kill,500 gold total and that payed back the ward.

ST0RMYKNIGHT

05-31-2012

anyone who thinks calling mias is dumb is an idiot and shouldnt be playing league of legends, this is a team game and if you cant call a mia for you lane your not being a team player. end of story.

skillpatrick

06-01-2012

Call it if you feel something is wrong, Its their own fault if they get ganked, but it never hurts to warn your team.

NightShade

06-02-2012

Map awareness isn't perfect, you can see they disappeared, but not whether they went in brush or not, the people in the lane have a better idea of what happened. "MIA" is more of a common courtesy, and is not necessary, but usually those that call "MIA" have good communication and win more games than those who don't (based on my experience).