Ashe - The Glass Cannon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

guy3o3

10-26-2009

Hmmm... Let's go 1on1. Your ashe vs. mine. I want to see how your build works compared to mine. I'll add you later.

Jothki

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
Which hero isn't? I mean, really, name one that isn't vulnerable to those.
Even tanks have a hard time dealing with spike magical damage. Same goes for DoT--damage is damage.
Mundo, sort of.

EchoRex

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
Which hero isn't? I mean, really, name one that isn't vulnerable to those.
Even tanks have a hard time dealing with spike magical damage. Same goes for DoT--damage is damage.
He has no survivability and, most importantly, no maneuverability so he is exceptionally vulnerable to every negative effect and especially spike damage of any kind due to relying on life steal to keep him alive.

Its an altogether terrible build concept that relies upon the rest of the team to protect and carry the player using the build.

To answer your question of which hero isn't vulnerable like this **** tastic build, basically any hero that has any sort of innate survivability mechanisms and any survivability items, a banshee's specifically.

thegamenet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-26-2009

Nice guide Proc - I added it into the Lol Wiki and gave you credit.

Cheers

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamenet View Post
Nice guide Proc - I added it into the Lol Wiki and gave you credit.

Cheers
You guys just put any guide up there?

You guys should do some kind of guide contest to get better guides up there.

I've seen much better Ashe guides.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-26-2009

I do agree we need...some filtering. All guides should be added, but they should be ranked so that the best are seen first.

thegamenet

Recruiter

10-26-2009

Ah, you make a good point Shizz - we do not put all guides up there, but we do put a majority up there. We realize that some are way better than others. I am asking our Developers to come up with a ranking system as this would be very helpful (though open to trolling I'm sure).

What to do, what to do...

Shizz

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystriker View Post
I do agree we need...some filtering. All guides should be added, but they should be ranked so that the best are seen first.
That's a great idea.

I wouldn't want to discourage people from writing guides, because I love reading new/different strats than the ones I use. However, some kind of ranking system would be nice.

Vote on the how good the guides are 1-5 and give an average

OR

Have a guide contest every week or so and label it as a contest winning guide.

I don't know who the judges would be though. Maybe the community? I dunno, just some ideas...

Procylon

10-27-2009

Thanks guys.

I use ghost and teleport with this build btw.

I understand some of your reservations about the weakness of Ashe in this build, and I can certainly tell you that sometimes this is a difficult route to go.

This is the build that plays Ashe for what she really is, an Assasin.

Many champions literally take 3-5 auto attacks before they die. You need to realize that this means they are on the floor in less than 3 seconds. Even the tanks, loaded with armor and HP, run away when I get this Ashe on them.

This Ashe plays on her strengths, not trying to feably bring up her weaknesses.

Ashe has a 30% slow, that is why you don't need boots with this Ashe. Champions have harder times getting away, and harder times catching up. Play hit and run if you event hink that they might be able to trap you before you can drop them.

Ashe has a very good stun. Keep them from getting off a stun on you so that you have the 3 seconds you need to put them down.

You can come up with a dozen scenarios that takes Ashe out, but the same could be said for every other champion.

For me, this Ashe singlehandedly turns entire battles in my favor, even ones that people thought were lost in the early to mid game.

Well anyway, all other things aside, it is fun. You naysayers should give it a try before you discount this strategy.

Drexl

10-28-2009

This build is very expensive and does take time to get to, but I think that it is very manageable to survive early/mid game if you know how to play and keep non-aggressive. The end game damage is huge and you can rip apart champions like no other. Our base was getting trashed and I equipped last whisper and destroyed everything in sight and chased them back to their own base solo.

Any build is going to have pros/cons.. but it's the player at the end of the day who will make the difference.