Twitch needs reduced BADLY

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryushii Cross

10-25-2009

Ok, in the past 3 games i was in, mostly with all different people, the twitch on the opposite team, by 30 minutes in, had DOUBLE the kill amount of the 2nd highest, if not more. I've noticed this is brought about by his reiculous ability to cloak along with his unreal attack speed and damage rating. If you either removed his cloaking ability, or (the more likely solution) reduce his attackspeed greatly, especially since he's a ranged, he would be alot more balanced. there's not really a way to get around him. even using an oracle potion doesn't slow him down or weaken his hits. so I'm bringing this to attention.

Zareidriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2009

How many games have you played?

Twitch is real squishy; easy to kill early on. Don't let him feed and he's like anyone else.

Focus fire on him in team battles.

Once you're around 100 games played you'll see what I mean. Twitch is balanced fine.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

10-25-2009

On top of that, how many assists did he get? It's very very easy to steal with expunge :P

Skulhedface

10-25-2009

Twitch is a tough hero to discuss because of how easy he is to kill. Sure he is terribly squishy but I don't think that outweighs the damage he can do on a team before hopping back into stealth and slipping through their fingers. Stealth itself is a controversial topic, and I personally feel that if an attack is heading towards you as you enter stealth, it should take you back out of it, but what can ya do?

If you can tell your team to focus fire the Twitch when he pops out he'll go down quick. The real problem occurs when he pops out after you're engaged in a fight and four shots your casters and then waddles off into some bushes and is gone.

A friend of mine plays Twitch quite a bit and always gets ludicrously high scores 20+ kills with hardly any deaths per match. I figured I would try him out using my friend's build and in my first match i had 17 kills with something like 3-4 deaths and heaps of assists. It is so painfully easy to pop out and 4 shot casters towards late game. Most of the time when they realized I even popped out of ambush they are dead, or a second from it. So I guess casters should hang around a buddy if a twitch is on the opposite team. I'm just glad that I haven't seen any flash use lately because this makes him an even larger pain in the ass by increasing his escape tactics and survivability.

Possible Solutions?
Range- I think Twitch needs something of a range reduction or possibly a damage reduction. I don't even want to talk about 50%+ critdmg runes because **** gets so ludicrous. The range on the other hand seems to give him enough room to have a jump on pursuers which often leads to his clean and effortless escape.
Spray and Pray also needs a range reduction because again last night I saw a twitch pelting our top base turret from well out of it's range. The speed at which spray and pray annihilates turrets is already silly, it doesn't need to outrange them as well.

Thankfully Twitch is not nearly as amazing early game. However he is still very very capable of netting first blood and doing well. Oracle elixir's can help you see him late game which will often result in his stomping, but this can be after the damage has been done, and it doesn't stop him from murdering your turrets in a few seconds.

I feel that there is a reason that the other stealth heroes in this game do not have range. Let alone an autoattack skill which can be made very fast and powerful.

Grotsnik

10-25-2009

ITT: we haven't played more than 10 games.

Twitch's ganking power is a non-issue. He's nearly useless in group fights you wouldn't have already won and he's painfully squishy. Spray and Pray is really more like Pray you don't get Focused like the Fist of the North Star.

He's a 1v1 ganker. Stay in groups and force team fights. Twitch is now useless.

KTommyToan

10-25-2009

Range reduction on twitches Spray and Pray could b an idea. Perhaps this kind of change might need to wait to see how twitch is used in competitive play.

I dont think he needs nerfing. I mean hes a stalwart dps carry hero, if he was nerfed then he would be a nothing hero. He can b countered with early oracle or wards, and like alot of ppl have said, hes super squishy.

Thing about him is more so then the majority of heros, if twitch locks onto a nub player and gets fed for 4 - 0 odd early, and the twitch has half a clue, its extremely game influencing.

Id wait to see how he holds up in this open beta and competitive play.

EffeX

10-25-2009

To me it felt like Twitch's health got reduced, for he is really easy to kill. Last game the opponents twitch had 0 kills and 12 death, reason was i targeted him at the start and oh god he dies so fast at the start, and if the he is surpressed in the beginning hes dead for the whole game. My brother is (was) a fanatic twitch player, but he says twitch dies faster now so he dropped him (dunno if thats true tho). So i guess a health reduction would make him not as strong as he was.

GNOY

10-25-2009

If you want to lose vs competent team no matter how you try to win, and yet pretend to be DPS carry, pick Twitch.

Jefficus

10-25-2009

Twitch is really squishy. He only really has the upper hand if he has you by surprise. If you get him alone, he's dead. If you're Cho'gath or Karthas or Ryze or anyone who does a ton of damage instantaneously, he's dead. I've died many times to Cho's feast ability despite having more than half my health. Killing him early game also prevents him from leveling, but if a Twitch is fed, then I agree, it really sucks. Even so, gank twitch and he goes down.

Twitch's range is already pretty low, at least compared to other ranged characters, so nerfing his range will neuter him a lot.

Spray and Pray's range got increased in a recent patch I think because before they changed this, everytime I'd pop it, people would gtfo and I would do no damage everytime. I rarely use it against turrets, and it is unfortunate that it is used in such a way. Spray and Pray doesn't allow for much control on its own, and nerfing range would make it less useful.

While there are some "godly" players who feed early and rush to get things like infinity edge to do ridiculous ammounts of damage before it can be countered, there are also a lot of Twitchs like me who focus on stealth and attack speed and get nearly equal K to D, and there are also Twitchs who have trouble dealing with the low health and just feed. For those of us who don't like to rape but like to have fun.

In short, Twitch seems to do very well under a specific circumstance, but in other conditions, he's just fine and a little hard to use because he is squishy. This is not much different from what I've seen other characters; certain Master Yis make me want to surrender since they just do too much damage and are hugely fed, and no one can tell me they've never seen a Ryze they have never wanted to reach through the computer and strangle. But the majority of the players who play these characters don't always do well, and everytime I pick up a new champion, I'm usually terrible.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2009

the only things that need to happen about twitch are

MAKE IT SO SPRAY AND PRAY CANT HIT TOWERS OUT OF RANGE

how can this be done? make it so that his attack acquisition range is the same, but the bolt still goes the same distance. that way he has to be in tower range, and he can still have the aoe coverage in team fights.