I wish i could leave a game...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArgothBlackblade

04-22-2012

Without a penalty. If you havent seen on the news (and you dont live in Pittsburgh or PA) the University of Pittsburgh (where i attend) has been going through a serious of bomb threats (155 in 2 months to be exact) and this is the 3rd time that i have been evacuated during a game and its starting to piss me off. If only there was a way that i could quit... oh well just had to vent about how im prolly gonna get a ban for leaving so often... **** bomb threats

Reptilehoundz

04-22-2012

Yea, but even though being able to quit without penalty would be good for you, what about all the trolls, noobs, ragers, etc. that would completely ruin a game if they quit? and that would happen a lot. The penalty is a big drag for those of us who are legit and actually try to play the game right, but with the millions of trolls out there, there has to be a consequence for ruination (it's a word). if you want to be able to leave anytime you want, play an mmo like Allods Online or something.

Utavon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2012

If you think that's bad, try random fire drills at odd hours in the afternoon. My friend at Binghamton University got a week ban for having to leave a game during a scheduled (but unannounced) fire drill for his dorm building. Idk what his leave record was otherwise, but still...

Liquid Colossus

Recruiter

04-23-2012

Solution: Tether internet to a phone, and take your laptop with you when you evacuate. Trust me, I'm an expert.

Sexual Healing

04-23-2012

It's an issue. But it's your issue. Being on a college campus myself, I generally play in public work spaces, study rooms, or coffee shops where although it's inconvienient, I know that I won't have any unscheduled interuptions. Cheers!

ZeeWildman

04-23-2012

Dude, i literally chose not to go to pit this year after all the random bomb threats lol. stuff like this should be forgiven though, You can't just forsee bomb threats....thats like someone holding up the coffee shop you're playing in MrChampagne lol

PIayer Support

Recruiter

04-23-2012

I completely agree. I'm playing a game and it ends up being long and slow when my parents call me for dinner. I come back to you have been banned for 3 days. Total BS.

ColdFireBeast

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesliceboy View Post
I completely agree. I'm playing a game and it ends up being long and slow when my parents call me for dinner. I come back to you have been banned for 3 days. Total BS.
Don't queue up when you have something you have to go to looming soon. Also, you don't get bans for doing it once, either.

Many Dwarves

04-23-2012

LoL aside, I'd transfer universities if I was you. I could not focus on anything if there was 155 bomb threats in the past two months. That's insane.

Sexual Healing

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWildman View Post
Dude, i literally chose not to go to pit this year after all the random bomb threats lol. stuff like this should be forgiven though, You can't just forsee bomb threats....thats like someone holding up the coffee shop you're playing in MrChampagne lol
Bring it on!! :P Honestly though, a couple days without LoL is not the worst thing in the world. It's not perma-ban. It functions under the school of punishment that gives light penalty with little consideration for intent, so as to be impartial and fair. The alternative is no punishment and lots of folks could leave games whenever, or heavy punishments, and everyone would lose their accounts oer nothing. The system is fine, sorry you had some unfortunate events. Cheers!