Blue Buff Nerf Too Stronk?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lerry the Lebster

04-24-2012

Yes, you can run out of mana still with it now. Is that really bad though? I just think the old blue buff was too strong. Mana is already pretty unimportant in this game. For most champs you rarely run out of mana after mid game. How many champs do you really go out of your way to get mana on your items?

CEETGEEK

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry the Lebster View Post
Yes, you can run out of mana still with it now. Is that really bad though? I just think the old blue buff was too strong. Mana is already pretty unimportant in this game. For most champs you rarely run out of mana after mid game. How many champs do you really go out of your way to get mana on your items?
Ryze.

Pureedemise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

If you're running out of mana so fast either consider the masteries you're using. Either that or don't spam all your abilities so much.

Sparkii

04-25-2012

The main issue I have with it is Riot said they were going to give jungle minions a mana return when killed to make junglers with mana more viable over ur lee sins and shyvannas but then they nerf blue buff =S seem counter intuitive

Dremons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Blue is pretty **** strong on Kennen, Akali and Lee. The energy regen addition made it OP before, when the blue got changed from 1.5% mana to 1% mana, fury and energy, with a flat bonus on mana. 1% on Kennen or Akali, with the CDR, was pretty insane, but I think it was a mistake on first place. I don't feel like spamming Anivia or Swains ulti, it became pretty much stupid. Two nerfs under 6 months? Come on.

BaddieMcNoSkill

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChampagne View Post
Blue Buff is still pretty viable. You have to consider that champs like Cassiopeia exist. Her passive synergizes so well with Golem Buff that she's not effected too heavily. And there are other champs that are more of a menace with Golem Buff. What types of champions are you having trouble managing? What type of laning approach do you have? Honestly, the buff shouldn't be a free spell-spamming gift from above, but a buff to aid ability champs.
I actually bring this up *because* when of when I play Cassiopeia. I was just super surprised when I was in the middle of a team fight with at least half mana and I was oom and thought, "wtf?" Yeah idk, I agree it shouldn't give them infinite sustain or anything, but I feel like I get it more for the CDR now instead of giving me more sustain in lane.