LF this change to solo\duo ranked!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xintex

04-22-2012

Hello All!

Why?

So i've found myself to be an excellent support player and tend to get appraised for it by my team frequently...Unfortunately like most in low elo (and the reason i'm sure most of us are low elo), we get stuck with players that absolutely kill our potential for a win.

The last 8 games i've played, i have had a Feeder, Afker, AD carry going AP (vice versa),jungler without: smite, runes, or proper item buy or someone just plain bad (2nd to last match i had an ashe with ap per lvl runes..). That costs us the match.

The Fix

I would love for season 3 solo/duo ranked to have elo based off how the individual players do, based on the champs themselves are playing. Now i realize it's not that simple, but yet is at the same time.

This is how i see it, obviously not cut and dry as i am not an gaming programmer or designer, so im sure it's much much more complicated than this.

Tanks: Items and How much damage they have taken.

Carrys: Items and how much damage they have done, also a ratio between kills and deaths. Now i'm not saying a carry always has to be 3:1 KD or better because that's obviously now always possible but if a Carry is 1:5 KD....then the rest of us should not be penalized.

Pushers: Items, Towers Taken, and a small KD ratio.

Support: Items, Assists Ratio, Healing Done.

Conclusion:

This is something i would one day love to see. I would hope the majority of us stuck in ELO Hell can have our ranked stats based off of us and not the people who bring us down.

wrzp

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xintex;23505449
[I
This is how i see it, obviously not cut and dry as i am not an gaming programmer or designer, so im sure it's much much more complicated than this.[/I]
You are right, there are many problems with the model you propose, it is exploitable and hard to quantify how such aspects should affect your rating.

However, your conclusion leads me to believe that this post is more about venting your frustrations about being stuck in your current elo range. I recognize that support is probably the hardest role to play if you want to raise your elo but you are probably not as good as you think you are. Given enough games the amount of games won and lost due to trolls/dc/feeding will break even and you will remain. Keep playing, if you are as good as you say your elo will ryze!

Xintex

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrzp View Post
You are right, there are many problems with the model you propose, it is exploitable and hard to quantify how such aspects should affect your rating.

However, your conclusion leads me to believe that this post is more about venting your frustrations about being stuck in your current elo range. I recognize that support is probably the hardest role to play if you want to raise your elo but you are probably not as good as you think you are. Given enough games the amount of games won and lost due to trolls/dc/feeding will break even and you will remain. Keep playing, if you are as good as you say your elo will ryze!
I believe you where one of the lucky ones to completely miss the point.
If i go 15/3 with kog'maw on bot and i have an afker and a feeder that causes our loss. Then why would i be penalized for there actions.

If play my AD carry successfully and yet my elo will not rise. This is the major flaw in the system and needs to be looked at.

Let's look at my last match, that i unfortunately lost.

I Played Soraka, went bot with an MF, Several times MF got bursted beyond half but didn't die once due to my heals and silence on the next rotating burst. However, due to a wrongly built teemo who hasn't won a single game from checking his stats and a 0/8 Jungle Noct we ended up losing. My end stats where 2/0/12 with 25,191 healing.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind losing to a better team what so ever. When i'm out played, i learn and get better, but the major problem is that 1-2 people screw every match for me. But, i know it's not just me, i've seen several threads with this issue and although my idea has flaws, so does the current state.

I am not saying let's go with my idea and that's that but rather just throwing it out there in hope something could be done not just for me but for so many others that have this issue because it also affects the rest of the people on my team that actually tries.

wrzp

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xintex View Post
I believe you where one of the lucky ones to completely miss the point.
If i go 15/3 with kog'maw on bot and i have an afker and a feeder that causes our loss. Then why would i be penalized for there actions.

I played my AD carry successfully and yet my elo will not rise. This is the major flaw in the system and needs to be looked at.
According to what you said I completly got the point because (as I said in my first post) I understand you are venting your frustrations as to why you can't gain elo or feel that your can't gain elo because of others.

And as I explained, feeders/trolls/dcs will happen and will sometimes be in your favor and will sometimes be against it. If you play enough games the amount of games won and lost because of those factors will break even leaving you elo to be based off your "normal" games. If you are a good player your elo will rise. Is it that hard to accept that maybe you are not as good as you think ? It takes more than winning your lane to win the game. Lol is not a mechanically difficult game to play, the details and decision making is what makes better players.

Xintex

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrzp View Post
According to what you said I completly got the point because (as I said in my first post) I understand you are venting your frustrations as to why you can't gain elo or feel that your can't gain elo because of others.

And as I explained, feeders/trolls/dcs will happen and will sometimes be in your favor and will sometimes be against it. If you play enough games the amount of games won and lost because of those factors will break even leaving you elo to be based off your "normal" games. If you are a good player your elo will rise. Is it that hard to accept that maybe you are not as good as you think ? It takes more than winning your lane to win the game. Lol is not a mechanically difficult game to play, the details and decision making is what makes better players.
Last 10 games i have had a Feeder and a Afker or Troll. You cannot break even if you never have a competent team. I'm not sure why you are focused on my individual skills as this is not the point. One simply can not win a match from the above aspects then one can never gain elo regardless how good they get. Expecting to win 3v5 is improbable regardless how good or bad i am.

I understand what you're trying to say but if it's a problem every match then it just will not happen.