That awkward moment...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalGuitarist

04-21-2012

When your level 30 AD carry doesn't understand what everyone is doing covering the jungler.

"what are we doin standing here ?? xD"

When Tristana calls mid and builds straight AP/AS, and Ezreal goes bot with a support and does the same.

When your team loses to the 4 mages on the other team, including a jungle veigar.

When all of the above happens in the same game as I just experienced in all its glory. And no, I'm not even in elo hell.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2012

Sorry, but levels don't mean anything. You just were paired up with lower skilled players.

MetalGuitarist

04-22-2012

Sorry, but they actually do. A level 30 player has had to have played the game for over 100 hours. For them not know that you should be covering the jungler instead of sitting under a tower is really pathetic. It's like a pitcher in baseball not knowing how to cover a base when the ball is in play.

Belligero

04-22-2012

So... I'm assuming you were the jungler or support?

AP Trist Mid, AP/AS Ezreal Bot with Support, AD Carry solo top, and jungler. Need a tank unless your jungler was one. But seeing as your team lost to four AP squishies, you guys had no focus or lacked that tank.

Vashjir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2012

Chances are he was carried, or constantly bought XP boosts. You get these players all the time who know absolutely nothing about the game. Nothing you can really do until the skill base of the game goes up. You can try to politely inform them what you're doing "standing around", and that's pretty much your only obligation. I'm sorry you got matched up with this dropkick.

1337BobBarker

04-22-2012

lol, this guy.
He went 0/2/0 as Blitz (with 5 creeps), while the AP Tristana he's complaining about went 32/13/9.
And they won; they didn't lose. The other team had almost feeding scores.
Everyone on their team (except for him) had double-digit kills/triple digit CS, which leads me to believe that he got carried by his team, had nothing to say to them afterwards, and posted here to get attention to try and make himself feel better.

-1 internets.

Amaltron

04-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGuitar View Post
Sorry, but they actually do. A level 30 player has had to have played the game for over 100 hours. For them not know that you should be covering the jungler instead of sitting under a tower is really pathetic. It's like a pitcher in baseball not knowing how to cover a base when the ball is in play.
A level 30 player could have played bot games until level 30 for all you know.

There is a reason why there are different ELO ranges - no matter if you put two players with the same runes, masteries, and champions, one that has a higher level of skill will most likely win. If you're paired up with all 800 ELO players, it will be more like facing all level 20's to a more skilled player. Henceforth why I said level is irrelevant to skill.

SpyderJ

04-23-2012

Keep in mind someone at level 30 could have quite possibly only played dominion and doesn't even know how the phases of a regular game may progress progress.

Its more common than you'd expect. I was constantly told about how much my coworkers played LoL but I never thought to question what game mode they played. When it came time for me to see how good they were, they didnt even understand what the classic mode was.