Riot pls make a PSA that calling is not allowed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bsm00th

Senior Member

12-12-2012

I'm so tired of queueing with people that "call" roles when their 4th and 5th pick. and then complain when someone takes their role because their 4th or 5th pick. It's really frustating and just turns into one person saying "i'm top!" and the other saying "no I called top!" and just generally ruins the match before it begins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Key

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsm00th View Post
I'm so tired of queueing with people that "call" roles when their 4th and 5th pick. and then complain when someone takes their role because their 4th or 5th pick. It's really frustating and just turns into one person saying "i'm top!" and the other saying "no I called top!" and just generally ruins the match before it begins.
It's an useful way to identify who is going for which role before the match begins, if you can't get organized with your team that's your problem. Besides calling is just that, calling. If you got first pick and they are fifth go ahead and get whatever you want, it's just basic manners we create to deal with how the game works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artanog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Hurr wuts countering.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sKamz92

Junior Member

12-13-2012

If i only have 2 rune pages, and can only go two roles, why shouldn't I be allowed to call a role? Instead of being forced into a role I am not specced for?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BillMurrayIsGod

Member

12-13-2012

All of you make me sick.

The only solution is to learn how to play all 5 roles. Like you should be doing anyways.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMurrayIsGod View Post
All of you make me sick.

The only solution is to learn how to play all 5 roles. Like you should be doing anyways.
If you are going to play ranked you should have at the very minimum a basic knowledge of every lane and have at least 3 champs that you can play moderately well in all of those roles. I disagree with the OP due to the fact that if you go by pick order every time, the last pick person is 9 times out of 10 going to be support, and it's not fun having to support every single game, especially when you're playing with baddies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
If you are going to play ranked you should have at the very minimum a basic knowledge of every lane and have at least 3 champs that you can play moderately well in all of those roles. I disagree with the OP due to the fact that if you go by pick order every time, the last pick person is 9 times out of 10 going to be support, and it's not fun having to support every single game, especially when you're playing with baddies.
Why would anyone be last pick in more than 20% of games? You have an equal chance of being any spot in the pick order in any given game (unless you are Duoing, of course).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Why would anyone be last pick in more than 20% of games? You have an equal chance of being any spot in the pick order in any given game (unless you are Duoing, of course).
I don't know maybe I just have bad luck, but I am usually last pick and I usually duo queue if I'm playing ranked. and my duo partner and myself are both right around 1100 elo, so I don't know


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxBTExX

Member

12-13-2012

I agree with first post. Its bullcrap that a match starts up, I get first pick so I pick a champ to ban, and while I do that the chat gets flooded by about 8 messages of everyone else spamming what they want to play.

Respect the damn pick order and just fill roles accordingly. Yes, its good to comunicate and talk about what are your best roles and worst roles but spamming the chat is not the way to go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trackmaster

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMurrayIsGod View Post
All of you make me sick.

The only solution is to learn how to play all 5 roles. Like you should be doing anyways.
Alright, you can que with me and I'll AD carry, my worst role by far. After around 1000 games I am just not good at it.