What is the point of the dominion bonus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbyssionKnight

04-21-2012

I've only played about 100 dominion games and this has always confused me. I think the largest 'dominion bonus' i've ever gotten was 10ip. Last game I got 5ip and the one before that 1ip.

It doesn't seem like much of an incentive to play dominion, and if its more based on how badly you do, well, that seems a little odd as well.

Sorry if this is well known by the dominion community, but i'm just kind of miffed as to the point of it.

GeneralDirection

04-21-2012

The point of the Dominion bonus, as with any bonus, falls under the assumption that more is better. In this case, having an ip bonus rather than not seems like a pretty good deal, no?

If you're question is actually why Riot wanted to distribute a bonus, that is a little more difficult to solve. I get the impression that a longer, tougher game generates more points, and a quick and decisive game naturally assigns less. With that in mind, I assume Riot wants you to work for those points, and the more challenging the game, the more they want to award. At the same it can't be a 1,000,000 points awarded for a good game and only 100 for a bad, so the bonus difference might be appear subtle relative to what the shop wants you to spend.

While individually each game bonus is small, games are also relatively quick. Adding the bonuses together, you might be able to pull together a few extra hundred ip.

Ahhhh Crap

04-21-2012

^ That's how I always saw it, though I admit the small size of the bonus is often rather odd.