end of champ select sound too loud

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taliesin

04-24-2012

It actually wrecked my earbuds o.O
I was watching a Youtube vid afterwards and noticed that my earbuds couldn't handle any sort of bass anymore, at all. Had to switch over to my backup headphones :/

Durr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praeco View Post
Hello gents,

Apologies for the delayed response. We are looking into this right now and will fix this for you guys as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting this!
I would like to know what the culprit of this was after it is all said and done... it's odd to have a problem like that isolated within 1 or maybe 2 specific sound files. I know you probably don't like going into detail when a bug occurs or is fixed, but shining a little light on this I think would be an interesting read.

Thanks

Kazémandias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Sounds like someone pulled down their pants and farted in my ears.

GodlyJesus

04-25-2012

Skull candy headphones + bomb going off = me looking around for falling buildings

CyberTootie

04-25-2012

It's back.

CSPhobos

04-26-2012

Just want to make sure it's pointed out here: My theory is this:

The volume gets louder with each successive game start without restarting the client. It could also be related to games that almost start (with <10 seconds to begin), someone quits, and I still hear the countdown timer while back in queue.

FlavenMan

04-26-2012

wow, I think my speakers just broke.

Any updates on fixing this? I have the sound turned off for everything else in pvp, but the boom doesn't go away.

Darkseal

04-26-2012

I did the mistake of having my in-ear headphones in and the volume semi-loud... Think I went deaf for an hour or so... =(

Praeco

Composer

04-27-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Just a quick update: We found the issue that caused this and fixed it; as usual, this will require thorough QA testing and implementation, to make sure this fix is implemented flawlessly into our build... It will probably not make it into the Varus patch I'm afraid, but should be in the patch after that.

As already mentioned in this thread, restarting your clien will have to do in the mean time to get rid of this issue, sorry guys. :-( We're working to get this out as quickly as possible.

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH

04-27-2012

jolly good show old chap