Ask the Eternal Nightmare

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Nocturn

08-28-2013

Deep within the Institute of War lies a special chamber. It is hidden away from the world, with good reason. The being locked inside is one that is the spawn of nightmares. The chamber itself is brightly lit with magelight, ensuring that there is no darkness in any corner. In the center of the room, there is a dais carved with ancient and powerful binding runes. A faint curtain of energy shimmers around the dais, proof that the runes are enabled. Shackled to the dais by several erethral chains is Nocturn. His bright eyes shine with hatred as he hovers, unable to move. Due to good behavior, he has been "allowed" to be brought to this special chamber from his prison in the nexus in order to answer the frequent questions from summoners, fellow champions, and even the general public. Be warned, even though his physical self is bound, the full extent of his nightmarish abilities are yet to be discovered. You might just find yourself in one of his nightmares...

((Even though I usually lean toward the Shadow Isles champions, I've always been fascinated by Nocturn. To be able to RP as him is very exciting. I look forward to a fun time with you all!))

Ask Sivir

08-28-2013

Dear Nightmare,

How do you feel knowing you are out of the prison yet still chained for the time being? Would you allow a child to hold your weapons know what could happen or would you simply tell them what 'could' happen and sit back and watch them destroy themselves?

In battle you tried to sneak up on me... however, my shield prevented your little 'Dust' move. Think you can be faster in our next battle?

Signed

The Mistress

Ask Nocturn

08-28-2013

An enchanted quill and parchment materialize in front of Nocturn. A dictation spell was placed on it to record his words.

"This infernal world and its pitiful magic cannot hold me for long, flesh bag. My blades are a part of me, and I would as soon slay the child as let him touch me. Your summoners limit the use of my powers. Once I am free, I will show you just how fast I can be."

Fae Lulu

08-28-2013

A mini wooden figurine of Nocturne in his Haunting outfit floated over toward the real Nocturne's room, carrying not one but TWO letters on his back. It seemed Lulu had a lot to talk about today.

Ask Nocturn

08-28-2013

((First off, your letters are awesome.))

Nocturn glared at the tiny faerie. He recognized the tiny creature from the Fields of Justice. He briefly glanced over the letters the fae yordle had sent him. He growled in disgust and disregarded them as worthless and made no attempt to reply.

A jolt of magical energy coursed through the chains, painfully shocking Nocturn. The terms of agreement were that if he were to stay in this room, he needed to answer any and ALL questions sent. After a moment, Nocturn gave a reply.

"Darkness is truth. It is my reason for existence. The light is vile."

He didn't need to think about the second part.

"There is no 'best' nightmare. There are the nightmares that were, are, and forever will be."

((Eternum dialog 4tw.))

Ask Nocturn

08-28-2013

((Bump))

Ask Nocturn

08-30-2013

((bump))

DeceptiveSpider

08-31-2013

Elise enters the room and gazes around the room before approaching the curtain so her face was as close to Nocturne's as possible. Her eyes were full of interest and curiosity for the living nightmare before her. She smiled, revealing her fangs before she leaned back so she was once more standing straight.

"Hello Nocturne, now from what I know about you it says that you are from the dream world where you haunted peoples nightmares till one day you ended up here. I in a way pity you but yet, I find your misery humorous due to the irony. You are now trapped in a world of light, endless light... In a way you are now trapped in your own nightmare." she spoke before the smile returned to her face.

"You out of all... creatures should know that Arachnophobia is one of the most common fears in humans. Out of curiosity could you manipulate dreams or were you simply part of a nightmare? If you could manipulate dreams did you ever use spiders?" she questioned, beginning to pace back and forth in front of the creature of darkness in front of her.

Ask Nocturn

08-31-2013

Nocturn's white eyes stared at Elise. Out of all of the beings of this plane, she was among the few that he didn't hate as much. He chuckled darkly at her question.

"I can manipulate dreams. They are my gateway into your pathetic mortal minds."

By some strange vibe in the air, Elise could somehow feel that Nocturn was smirking.

"Part of a nightmare? I AM the nightmare. I am the embodiment of the true fears of you flesh bags."

Suddenly, Nocturn lunged forward. His chains snapped taught and he stopped inches from the curtain of binding...and Elise's face.

"I know your deepest fear, your darkest nightmare."

Nocturn laughs demonically as your vision fades to black...

When your vision returns, you are standing somewhere familiar..The Shadow Isles. You are home. The happiness swells within you as you realize why you are there. One of the few devoted cultists taps you lightly in the shoulder.

"Milady, are you alright?"

You brush him off and begin your trek to Vilemaw's lair, your cultists chanting all the way. You reach the cave and begin the ritual yet again. However, something seems off. You can't quite place your finger on it, but the feeling is there. Suddenly, your hands and feet are bound. You struggle and struggle to no avail. Your cultists turn toward the mouth of the cave and bow. The God that you hold so dear slithers out of it, all 8 of his eyes fixed on you. His voice sounds in your head, a deep anger underlining his words.

"You have failed me, Elise. I expected more from you. You are useless to me now."

You feel the power that Vilemaw has given you drain from your body. You are nothing but a mere mortal now, powerless and completely at his mercy. The scream is caught in your throat as he descends upon you, fangs dripping...

Suddenly, your back in Nocturn's prison at the Institute. The cold fear that you felt from the nightmare makes you shiver. Nocturn hovers over you.

"And yes. I do use spiders."

((Yup. Doing custom nightmares. ^_^))

DeceptiveSpider

08-31-2013

Quote:
Nocturn's white eyes stared at Elise. Out of all of the beings of this plane, she was among the few that he didn't hate as much. He chuckled darkly at her question.

"I can manipulate dreams. They are my gateway into your pathetic mortal minds."

By some strange vibe in the air, Elise could somehow feel that Nocturn was smirking.

"Part of a nightmare? I AM the nightmare. I am the embodiment of the true fears of you flesh bags."

Suddenly, Nocturn lunged forward. His chains snapped taught and he stopped inches from the curtain of binding...and Elise's face.

"I know your deepest fear, your darkest nightmare."

Nocturn laughs demonically as your vision fades to black...

When your vision returns, you are standing somewhere familiar..The Shadow Isles. You are home. The happiness swells within you as you realize why you are there. One of the few devoted cultists taps you lightly in the shoulder.

"Milady, are you alright?"

You brush him off and begin your trek to Vilemaw's lair, your cultists chanting all the way. You reach the cave and begin the ritual yet again. However, something seems off. You can't quite place your finger on it, but the feeling is there. Suddenly, your hands and feet are bound. You struggle and struggle to no avail. Your cultists turn toward the mouth of the cave and bow. The God that you hold so dear slithers out of it, all 8 of his eyes fixed on you. His voice sounds in your head, a deep anger underlining his words.

"You have failed me, Elise. I expected more from you. You are useless to me now."

You feel the power that Vilemaw has given you drain from your body. You are nothing but a mere mortal now, powerless and completely at his mercy. The scream is caught in your throat as he descends upon you, fangs dripping...

Suddenly, your back in Nocturn's prison at the Institute. The cold fear that you felt from the nightmare makes you shiver. Nocturn hovers over you.

"And yes. I do use spiders."
Elise stays silent for a moment before a small smile creeps across her face once more. "That was interesting." she states before she thought for a moment. "Do you have a origin or have you always been lurking through the dreams of mortals?" She wondered, surprisingly seeming to be fully recovered from her nightmare and not showing any ounce of fear towards Nocturne once more.

((That was EPIC)).

12345 ... 7