Why do people pick Annie over anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizzefex View Post
Anyone who says it's easy to land Anivia's Q is either lying or playing extremely terrible people. It one of the slowest projectiles (if not slowest) and the easiest projectile by far to dodge. If you walk in any weaving pattern like you should vs any skill shotter... you will almost never be hit by Anivia unless they have someone to slow/stun you beforehand.
Post level six you are supposed to lead with your ultimate, which makes the subsequent ff and fb much easier to hit. Pre level six it's a bit harder but not impossible.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
As anivia you're so squishy that if you get cced in the first place you're dead anyways and merc tread's WON't save you because once you're out of the cc you'll be so slow that they can casually walk up besides you and kick your face in while remarking about the wonderful weather in valoran.

Even with hp quints and seals anivia has around 1.6k hp at lv 18. If you play smart, and wait for the enemy's cc to be blown, you can get in, explode someone, and get out before they have time to retaliate If and only if you ahve move 3 or 5 boots.
Well merc treads can be important to escape, but in a fight it's more useful to get out of that disable a split second faster to unload your damage. Plenty of people have moves that go right through Anivia's wall (ezreal, xin, shaco, shen, are all high level champions that instantly pop to mind), not to mention Flash. And late game Anivia will be a target as once they are egged they might as well be a non-factor because team fights don't last that long. But if you can unload your spike before you are egged then just like Annie you've done your job.

Annie seems to be stronger earlier in the game before people start having the free funds to stack significant HP or MR. Anivia scales better late game but people usually are getting some serious survivability items at that point

Pwnacus Maximus

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Well merc treads can be important to escape, but in a fight it's more useful to get out of that disable a split second faster to unload your damage. Plenty of people have moves that go right through Anivia's wall (ezreal, xin, shaco, shen, are all high level champions that instantly pop to mind), not to mention Flash. And late game Anivia will be a target as once they are egged they might as well be a non-factor because team fights don't last that long. But if you can unload your spike before you are egged then just like Annie you've done your job.

Annie seems to be stronger earlier in the game before people start having the free funds to stack significant HP or MR. Anivia scales better late game but people usually are getting some serious survivability items at that point
But even with those items she still rips through their hp like paper. Anivia late game is a true monster, few can hold a candle to the sheer damage output she has the later the game goes on and the more AP she has. And honestly as people have said before you shouldn't be in the position to get cc'd in the first place, unless you get ambushed in which case you're dead no matter what boots you have.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

I admittedly haven't played very many games with Anivia, but whenever late game rolled around I'd hang in the back to nuke like a good birdy but they would flash/dash to me and focus me down instantly. Whereas Annie does all her damage up front so if they focus you after the first second of the team fight then all the better

piratesas

08-11-2010

Sure Anivia is stronger late game.
Annies whole point is finishing the game before it even gets there.

Her stun is also cannot be dodged.

Merana

08-11-2010

Plus Annie's damage is frontloaded. I'd rather take 1k damage right now than 2k damage across 10 seconds. The faster you dish out the damage the less time the opponent has to fight back. And Annie dishes out all her damage in a teamfight pretty much instantaneously.

kvltstar

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesas View Post
Annies whole point is finishing the game before it even gets there.
Exactly. Go mid, gank sidelanes and obliterate everything during the early teamfights. Get your hard carry fed, push lanes and seize map/buff control before Anivia can even finish her 3rd item.

Zenanii

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyLeD View Post
Her 5 spells are all VERY spammable, and her farming ability completely wipes Anivia's farming ability off the table.
Are you kidding? Have you even read Anivias ultimate? You can kill any minion wave within 5 seconds. While running through the jungle i sometimes lay down a Glacial storm on top of a camp and let them perish as i run by. While assulting a tower I simply lay down a glacial storm to kill the incoming minion waves. Annies Incinerate is to small aoe to hit the entire minion wave and she needs to hit the melee creeps at lest twice to kill them.

Quote:
Anivia's AOE is amazing because it scatters champions, but if you aren't in it when Anivia casts it it's easy to dodge.
Oh, it's this argument again. The primary argument that was used in defence of twitch back when he was considered massively op.
If Anivia lay down her Glacial storm and then a wall next to it she will be covering the entire lane (in jungle it will be even more powerful) Now you either have to wait on whatever side of that wall you got stuck on while the rest of your team struggles, or you have to enter the storm.
The trick is to use wall to reduce your opponents options.

Quote:
Her wall is completely countered by fast-move
Good thing she has a slow then

Quote:
, escape mechs and can backfire quite often if opponent packs Flash.
Flash got nerfed, and it's pretty rare that pople pick it.

Quote:
It's a wonderful skill that loses purpose late-game, when all champions travel in packs and the tank always goes in first.
/facepalm
It is lategame that the ability really shines, using it properly and combo it will flash frost and you can catch and keep 3+ members of their team stuck in your ulti for quite some time. It's great for preventing a team from either chasing you down or escaping

Quote:
Moreover, if you're aware of her abilities it's easy to avoid Flash Frost. And if you miss your initial nuke then you have no followup and there is a period of 4-5 seconds where you're easily taken out of a fight.
This is only true from lvl 1-5. After that, Glacial storm + frostbite is quite enough to detter anyone reckless enough to try to take her down. In a teamfight you can use your ulti + wall to keep enemies from getting to you.

Quote:
Anivia also requires blue buff to be effective over a period of time; Annie can afford to give blue buff to someone who might need it more (amumu, for example).
Not entirely true. Building Chalice + Archangels staff (and mana regen runes) I've discovered that i can do just fine without blue buff. She is however, a lot more mana intensive then Annie

Also, merc treads severely reduces the effectiveness and range of Anivia's combo.

The only thing Anivia has over Annie is tele-egg escape. This takes nothing away from Anivia by comparing her to the best caster in game. Anivia is still the second best choice after Annie imho.[/QUOTE]

Mella Kara

08-11-2010

Why choose?
My friend and I duo queue Annie and Anivia all the time and completely wreck face. There's nothing quite like a near permastun from two people.

As was said, both have their merits. The argument about Annie not having a slow is a null one, because Rylai's Scepter is available for all champions and makes ALL of your skills slow - not to mention gives Annie some much needed HP.

Wilczak

08-11-2010

Anivia has higher burst than annie. At lvl 3 you can dominate your lane very easy (if playing vs 1 or 2 mele champions - if playing vs 2 ranged or ranged champ or you are mid its a bit harder). Anivia has more utility than annie (slow, wall), more survivability (egg <3 ), and scales better with ap ( 2 nukes with 1:1 ap ratio with looow cd, and "channeled" aoe ulti with 0.25 ap ratio? holy ****! ). There is just one problem with anivia - good players will dodge flash frost easy at low levels (unless they are melee ). But they can't dodge glacial storm+crystalize+flash frost+frost bite combo without flash/ghost/cleanse

*******http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3704/aniviaftw.jpg********
solo ranked, ~~700 ap, one shooting everyone (except tank :< ). I died because i was tanking nexus towers. I hate carrying...