Why do people pick Annie over anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
To me anivia's stun is just as reliable as Annie's for the simple fact that it's on a shorter cd and if you don't suck major balls youcan hit with it 98% of the time. Once I get my move 5 boots I don't think I've missed a flash frost in 3+ games.

Then you are either the God of LoL or facing people who aren't very good at dodging, I don't think I've missed a dark binding ever with Morgana.... On my smurf account, against ******s.

Aniva's Q spell is difficult to land, it moves slowly and has a small ending AOE, I'm not going to contend that it is a great spell but really, it's insanely easy to dodge it 1v1a few of my friends play exceptionally good Anivas and just seem to carry every time they play but even so, in a situation where Anivia is relying on her stun to proc her E, Annie has a huge advantage - mid lane for example Annie has a huge advantage because it's much easier for her to harass consistently and has much better and much, much more reliable single target burst.

Due to this, Annie has a much stronger early game, especially considering how much more mana efficient she is thanks to her Q. Anivia on the other hand has a much stronger late game due to insane scaling for a caster. IMO it's hard to say which character is better if both are played under ideal conditions but that's because they serve different team roles - Annie is less of a carry but still has excellent burst damage and can reliably disable (stun) more people.

Anivia can deal much better damage over a prolonged period and scales better, meaning that she's more team and item reliant, making her easier to shutdown.
Picked the bit I disagreed with. Both heroes are great tl;dr would be Aniva has more potential damage but it's inconsistent in any hands and relies much more on items and team support than Annie. Both have roughly equally valuable yet entirely different CC IMO.

The Space Cowboy

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnacus maximus View Post
anyone who takes any boots other than swiftness or mobility on anivia is also dumb.
can't

stop

laughing

someone stop me

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

Quote:
Uh, anyone who takes movespeed quints on anivia is dumb. Also anyone who takes any boots other than swiftness or mobility on anivia is also dumb. Anivia 100% needs those boots, end of story. Without them she is disgustingly slow and you will be no use to your team because you'll always be catching up to everyone else.
x10

And Riot even buffed her mspeed. It used to be a flat 300, or 295. Something really terribad like that.

Pwnacus Maximus

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Space Cowboy View Post
can't

stop

laughing

someone stop me
Oh you~
lemme guess you take sorc shoes or merc
treads on anivia? Lolololololololo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpigeon View Post
Picked the bit I disagreed with. Both heroes are great tl;dr would be Aniva has more potential damage but it's inconsistent in any hands and relies much more on items and team support than Annie. Both have roughly equally valuable yet entirely different CC IMO.
Well I may have exaggerated a bit but anivia's skillshot is rediculously easy to hit with, especially because you can't
telegraph when she's gonna do it like a previous poster mentioned. I can't deny that Annie has a better early game, though.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

Golem might be a luxury, but that doesn't mean being able to easily get it at level 6-7 isn't a very nice advantage.

Plus have fun with boots of swiftness in every game. I'd rather sacrifice 100 HP with MS quints than sacrifice the CC reduction of merc treads

EIometer

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Golem might be a luxury, but that doesn't mean being able to easily get it at level 6-7 isn't a very nice advantage.

Plus have fun with boots of swiftness in every game. I'd rather sacrifice 100 HP with MS quints than sacrifice the CC reduction of merc treads
Anivia's range is huge. You should never be in a place where an enemy champion can easily CC you and drop you down to 0.

It's a good point though. I have +15 AP from AP quints, so I won't give that up for MS quints, but if you were going HP quints it could be useful to swap them and buy sorc/merc boots in-game.

Zizzefex

08-11-2010

Quote:
Well I may have exaggerated a bit but anivia's skillshot is rediculously easy to hit with, especially because you can't telegraph when she's gonna do it like a previous poster mentioned. I can't deny that Annie has a better early game, though.
Anyone who says it's easy to land Anivia's Q is either lying or playing extremely terrible people. It one of the slowest projectiles (if not slowest) and the easiest projectile by far to dodge. If you walk in any weaving pattern like you should vs any skill shotter... you will almost never be hit by Anivia unless they have someone to slow/stun you beforehand.

Pwnacus Maximus

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post

As anivia you're so squishy that if you get cced in the first place you're dead anyways and merc tread's WON't save you because once you're out of the cc you'll be so slow that they can casually walk up besides you and kick your face in while remarking about the wonderful weather in valoran.

Even with hp quints and seals anivia has around 1.6k hp at lv 18. If you play smart, and wait for the enemy's cc to be blown, you can get in, explode someone, and get out before they have time to retaliate If and only if you ahve move 3 or 5 boots.

Grimshaw

08-11-2010

Games are won during the mid-game, and Annie is a lot stronger mid-game where she can omgwtfbbq insta-kill (often more than one person during early teamfights at buffs/dragon)

Anivia has more utility, sure, but if you can get yourself and your physical carry fed and win the mid-game teamfights, the game's pretty much in the bag for you.

Blugyblug

08-11-2010

Anivia is so fun. Difficulty=Fun.
Annie is just boring. Facerolling keyboard with slow moving skills is really boring. Ryze is face roll too, but his projectiles move so fast, and get epic sound effects.