[Hecarim] My jungle guide (my opinion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BOT32

04-20-2012

This guide is what i use to jungle Hec with.. While he has a decent jungle time I feel he's a tier 2 jungler (not quite on par with skarner, mundo, noc, ect) but his ability's allow for some interesting ganks. (this guide is my opinion and is in no way a end all way to play him jungle wise)

Runes (i use this exact build for skarner)

9x Greater Mark of Resilience - 8.2 total armor (less dmg. from minions and ad champs)
9x Greater Seal of Alacrity - 6.9 % total attack speed (faster attacks/w auto rests q's = more dmg)
9x Greater Glyph of Warding - 12 total magic resist (less dmg. from caster champs and baron ect.)
3x Greater Quintessence of Health - 78 total health (more health for longer jungleing, this is for the lower lvl players)

some players esp higher lvl play would use a different setup like a dps/armor pen combo marks, att speed seals, magic res glyphs, and dps quints. this is completely up to the player ive found my build compliments my play style and makes jungling alot easier!

Masteries 0/15/15

Defense
summoners resolve - 1 - (for smite end of story)
resistance - 3 - (6 mr = good against casters)
hardness - 3 - (6 armor = less dmg from minions and ad carrys)
vigor - 3 - (health regen = sustain for jungling)
durability - 2 - (total 54 health at 18 isn't a lot but does help)
evasion - 3 - (3% aoe reduction = smexy vs aoe champs/comps)

support
summoners insight - 1 - (flash reduction = faster ganks/evading bad situations)
expanded mind - 3 - (that extra 200+ mana at 18 comes in very handy and lets u avoid oom moments)
swiftness - 4 - (2% movement speed = faster jungling + more dmg with passive + easier ganks)
greed - 4 - (2/10 gold = great compliment to philo and heart)
runic affinity - 1 - (20% increased duration to red and blue = longer jungling + better ganks)
awareness - 2 - (more xp is awesome for keeping up with solo lanes in lvl)

Masteries are in no way set in stone once again this is my opinion and compliments my game play style others may go 12/18/0 or 0/30/0 or 0/18/12 (basically read the abilities, chose what is most comfortable with you and play test A LOT)

Summoner Spells

Ignite - with the mastery Summoner Resolve gives 10 gold per use and allows garunteed kills on neutral mobs
Flash - i prefer this over ghost it allows for chasing over walls or escaping over walls (baron steal).... end of that story

other options
Ghost - great with his E and his passive to chase someone down

Build

Game Start -> Cloth armor + 5 pots (this allows u to jungle for a LONG time before having to recall and buy especially if you get a good leash
first recalll -> T1 boots + madreds razor (+ philosopher stone piece if u can afford it ) = this allows u to move faster through the jungle and pwn jungle mobs at an amazing rate.
second recall -> t2 boots (usually merc treads or ninja tabi based on opponents comp) + full philo + full wriggles if u can afford it(free wards = awesome, and lifesteal cant beat it for the price)
third recall ->heart of gold (keep that gold/5 comin) + hex drinker or sheen (based of opponents comp)
fourth recall -> maw of malimourtis or triforce + randouins omen (makes u super tanky & gives good dps)
fifth recall -> hex drinker or sheen (the one u didnt buy)

thats my core build the rest of the build is very situational FoN, Wits End or Qss if you find they are a heavy CC/AP comp, Frozen Heart or GA if they're heavier on the AD side (or theyre Ad carry is fed) if your completely rolling your opponents BT + Phantom Dancer

Jungle Route

this video also gives you how to reset your auto attack so if you dont know pay attention!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sheAoTMERHQ Credit To stonewall008

Abilities

Warpath(passive): Hecarim ignores unit collision and gains attack damage equal to 10 / 12.5 / 15 / 17.5 / 20 / 22.5 / 25% of his bonus movement speed.

Rampage(Active Q): Hecarim cleaves nearby enemies, dealing physical damage. (50% damage to minions and monsters)If Hecarim damages at least one enemy unit with this attack, he gains a stack of Rampage, reducing the base cooldown of this skill by 1 second for a short duration. This effect can stack up to 2 times.
Cost: 25 mana
Cooldown: 4 seconds
Physical Damage: 50 / 85 / 120 / 155 / 190 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage)

Spirit of Dread(Active W): Hecarim surrounds himself with the spirit of dread for 4 seconds, dealing magic damage per second to all enemies within its reach. Additionally, Hecarim is healed for a percentage of the damage enemies within the area take from any source. Healing from damage dealt to minions is capped.
Cooldown: 14 seconds
Cost: 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 mana
Magic Damage Per Second: 20 / 31.25 / 42.5 / 53.75 / 65 (+0.2 per ability power)
Maximum Magic Damage: 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 (+0.8 per ability power)
Damage to Heal Ratio: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30%
Minions Healing Cap: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180

Devastating Charge(Active E): Hecarim gains 75% movement speed over the course of three seconds, ending one second afterward. His next attack knocks the target back, dealing physical damage based on how far Hecarim has traveled during Devastating Charge's duration.
Cost: 60 mana
Cooldown: 24 / 22 / 20 / 18 / 16 seconds
Minimum Damage: 40 / 75 / 110 / 145 / 180 (+0.5 per bonus attack damage)
Maximum Damage: 80 / 150 / 220 / 290 / 360 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage)

Onslaught of Shadows(Active R): Hecarim summons spectral riders and charges forward, dealing magic damage to anyone they strike.
Hecarim releases a shockwave when he finishes his charge, dealing additional magic damage and causing nearby enemies to flee in terror away from Hecarim for 1 second.
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 140 / 120 / 100 seconds
Initial Magic Damage: 100 / 200 / 300 (+0.8 per ability power)
Shockwave Damage: 50 / 125 / 200 (+0.4 per ability power)

Skill Order - Q,W,Q,E,Q,R,Q,W,Q,W,R,W,W,E,E,R,E,E
Skill Sequence - (initiations) R,W,Q,E (ulti fears->W+Q combo-> E one person towards your team, not away) or E(if you can position them closer to your team),W,Q

Tips and Tricks
your Q can reset your auto attack
your W can gain you a lot of life if you activate Q immediately after
your E can do massive damage to turrets and can reposition carrys away from they're team
your R can go over small walls and if the opponents are outside of the lines of your charge they will take some dmg but will NOT be feared

Overview
all in all he is a pretty strong jungler with his ganks and his ulti initiation if you haven't tried him i would recommend him for fun factor

Alaidia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

I personally prefer hybrid. It's maximized sustain and his ratios are great (.8 AP) on w AND r. I find that he's actually not in need of a Madred's item either... His clear time is great as is and his sustain if you level w->q->w is great, I usually gank at 80%ish hp (higher if wolves don't crit me into oblivion lol). I would actually recommend a Quicksilver Sash, one Exhaust and your EXTREMELY gimped for the team fight, ignites too since Hecarim's HP is actually a little low so the cleanse is great. I like Rageblade first bc it makes jungling and ganking even faster bc of that stack and you benefit from both AD and AP, then Hextech Revolver for Vamp on W to a gunblade for a slow and Life Steal AND Vamp, the is no escape. Shurelya's is an amazing tanky addition since it has a 1 min CD 40% speed increase and Ghostblade too.

And now the controversial part, I have never and never will buy a trinity force on Hecarim because I find Zeal doesn't offer anything except move speed that REALLY benefits Heca and Frozen mallet offers more tankiness and Lichbane is far better for a hybrid and gives MR. His CD's work nice with sheen but I find most my damage is actually coming from my W and R and Q and not my AA's, he's not a graves or ashe that relies on AA he's more of an Urgot imo.

Also you didn't say which spells you wanted.. I assume smite and flash. However Ghost has AMAZING synergy with Hecarim and he already has 2 mechanics to run (E and R), Flash will get you there, but so we Ghost and give you a nice chunk of AD with it. I feel Flash is only for running with Hecarim while Ghost will give you a CD to pop i a team fight for more damage or chasing.
Rune wise I also would do ArP, it's more damage throughout the game and Heca doesn't benefit from AS since he's actually a spammer and you said yourself that you can reset his AA. ArP affects his Q and his E i believe... not sure on that one. HP quints seem... idk like a waste since you should be exiting a jungle 75%+ HP and it would be better suited to MS quints ArP quints or even AP quints (I actually use one of each and use all flat AP glyphs for more W healing). Btw you should have 13 armor not 8.

There is no skill sequence. I'm curious as to what yours is? I use W->Q->W->E->W->R-> (R > W > Q > E). Just gives so much more sustain to a champ that kinda needs it. I like to think of it as like maxing Fiddle's W before anything else =P The masteries I agree any would do as long as there are 9 Defense. He is kinda squishie and those 9 points I found made things SOOOO much easier I run 21/9/0 with a few AP points in there.
I feel like I may have been slightly outa place here but I wanted to put my own 2 cents in...

If anyone wants to know the build I use its [Cloth+5pots -> Ninja Tabi -> Blasting Wand -> Pickaxe/Rageblade -> Tome -> Hextech -> Bilgewater Cutlass -> Gunblade -> Sheen -> (either GA, FoN, or usually QS) -> (either Phage or Lichbane) -> (which ever not bought) -> Frozen Mallet... Atma's is also amazing if you build either a Warmog or a Shureyla's instead of another defensive item.

BOT32

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaidia View Post
I personally prefer hybrid. It's maximized sustain and his ratios are great (.8 AP) on w AND r. I find that he's actually not in need of a Madred's item either... His clear time is great as is and his sustain if you level w->q->w is great, I usually gank at 80%ish hp (higher if wolves don't crit me into oblivion lol). I would actually recommend a Quicksilver Sash, one Exhaust and your EXTREMELY gimped for the team fight, ignites too since Hecarim's HP is actually a little low so the cleanse is great. I like Rageblade first bc it makes jungling and ganking even faster bc of that stack and you benefit from both AD and AP, then Hextech Revolver for Vamp on W to a gunblade for a slow and Life Steal AND Vamp, the is no escape. Shurelya's is an amazing tanky addition since it has a 1 min CD 40% speed increase and Ghostblade too.

And now the controversial part, I have never and never will buy a trinity force on Hecarim because I find Zeal doesn't offer anything except move speed that REALLY benefits Heca and Frozen mallet offers more tankiness and Lichbane is far better for a hybrid and gives MR. His CD's work nice with sheen but I find most my damage is actually coming from my W and R and Q and not my AA's, he's not a graves or ashe that relies on AA he's more of an Urgot imo.

Also you didn't say which spells you wanted.. I assume smite and flash. However Ghost has AMAZING synergy with Hecarim and he already has 2 mechanics to run (E and R), Flash will get you there, but so we Ghost and give you a nice chunk of AD with it. I feel Flash is only for running with Hecarim while Ghost will give you a CD to pop i a team fight for more damage or chasing.
Rune wise I also would do ArP, it's more damage throughout the game and Heca doesn't benefit from AS since he's actually a spammer and you said yourself that you can reset his AA. ArP affects his Q and his E i believe... not sure on that one. HP quints seem... idk like a waste since you should be exiting a jungle 75%+ HP and it would be better suited to MS quints ArP quints or even AP quints (I actually use one of each and use all flat AP glyphs for more W healing). Btw you should have 13 armor not 8.

There is no skill sequence. I'm curious as to what yours is? I use W->Q->W->E->W->R-> (R > W > Q > E). Just gives so much more sustain to a champ that kinda needs it. I like to think of it as like maxing Fiddle's W before anything else =P The masteries I agree any would do as long as there are 9 Defense. He is kinda squishie and those 9 points I found made things SOOOO much easier I run 21/9/0 with a few AP points in there.
I feel like I may have been slightly outa place here but I wanted to put my own 2 cents in...

If anyone wants to know the build I use its [Cloth+5pots -> Ninja Tabi -> Blasting Wand -> Pickaxe/Rageblade -> Tome -> Hextech -> Bilgewater Cutlass -> Gunblade -> Sheen -> (either GA, FoN, or usually QS) -> (either Phage or Lichbane) -> (which ever not bought) -> Frozen Mallet... Atma's is also amazing if you build either a Warmog or a Shureyla's instead of another defensive item.
cool hybred jungler sounds fun! i have Qss in his build if u read...

you said you'd never use a triforce? you just named 2 items that do the same thing (with the exception of MR but this whole build has MR alll over it if you read) BUT remember this guid isnt for AP or hybred hec its ad/tanky.

as for spells your right ill change that

skill seq. ok ill add one

ill check out your build later and let you know how i feel on it i havent tried him hybred yet

Alaidia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2012

Lichbane actually uses the AP as added damage and not just flat 150 like sheen. So you end up with a 400 ish attack instead of a 250 ish and frozen mallet is much much more hp and has a larger slow I believe (not sure). Those 2 are more worthwhile than trinity force which offers less stats than both in exchange for AS and MS an crit.

BOT32

04-21-2012

once again man thats if your AP and THIS IS NOT AN AP BUILD hence your lichbane isn't worth it

Detheris

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOT32 View Post
Summoner Spells

Ignite - with the mastery Summoner Resolve gives 10 gold per use and allows garunteed kills on neutral mobs
Flash - i prefer this over ghost it allows for chasing over walls or escaping over walls (baron steal).... end of that story
Mistyped ignite instead of smite.
Just pointing it out incase someone isnt paying attention and rolls the wrong spellset.