Solo top champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MonsY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Volibear?

DarkArbitor

05-01-2012

My favorites (just mine, yours may be different):

Vlad: early game is weak, so you need to play passively until you get your Q leveled up and have a few items. He's ranged, though, so doesn't meet OP's requirements.

Rumble: AP melee with a shield + speed boost (for avoiding ganks or chasing/running for your life), slow ability that can be shot TWICE before going on CD, and an AoE flamethrower that hits well and clears minion waves later well. Plus, his ult has a huge range, good for those runners about to get away.

Olaf: AD melee, great sustain, a slow, true damage nuke, and an ult that makes him very hard to gank. Plus, I can't tell you how many times I've died to an Olaf at 5% health with his ult + life steal skill + passive keeping him alive.

Riven: AD melee, great escapes or gap closers, stun, small shield.

Wukong: AD melee, gap closer with strong poke, good escape mechanism if used properly. Needs some lifesteal for sustain, though.

Garen: His passive is ridiculous if you can play to it (avoid minion aggro), good CC removal/reduction with spin-to-win, flat % dmg reduction, and an ult that often means nobody escapes at low health.

I like Nasus, but if he's denied farm, he's fairly ineffective later (unless you're just Withering for others, which is still bad). Renekton is incredibly strong early game in lane. A well played Tryn is almost unkillable and has good sustain, plus he scales extremely well into late game.

Those are just a few... solo top is a mixed bag. Top is the most counter-picked lane, so diversity in your pool of solo top champs is critical.

Zowk

05-01-2012

Vayne is good for solo top

IronChefJapan

05-01-2012

Lee sin. One of the most versatile and fun champions to play. Honestly I couldn't recommend him enough

GreatPotato2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Udyr is pretty immovable top even with the nerfs to turtle stance.

iAmNutter

05-01-2012

i play alot of solo top, and i own every champ. honestly jax is really fun, and so is morde. hecarim is an amazing solo top i played him alot when he was released. in my opinion he is alot better top then jungle. he beats most people up top. let me know if you got anymore questions about him. id buy him or jax if i were you.

Happy Ducky

05-01-2012

Cho The real gentleman

RoERedemption

05-01-2012

lee sin, rumble, nasus, renekton, yorick, tryndamere, jaximus(love that skin) and ive actually seen decent teemos top. he really shuts out melee solo tops. also gangplank is nice too.

xXHAMXx

05-01-2012

Shen or Twitch