LoLU Lesson 2: Minions and the 1v0 Custom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dehunter456

09-11-2012

Somehow, I always end up fresh meat as Teemo even though by 15 minutes i got 4 kills and a phantom dancer.

aerilis2

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeenogen View Post
For extra difficulty try this out with Anivia mid.
I don't see how anivia mid farm is hard. Just have of 6 and blue

TitusAquilinus

09-20-2012

I got 144 as Teemo at Mid. I recalled once only so I could get malady and attack faster. I think I pushed a little too much though.

Maazo Kaazo

10-30-2012

Hey Mike!
Thanks so much for this!
I am new to the forum and to the game, basically. Glad to know that I can 1v0. Didn't know there was that option. What I did, up until now, was check the item shop whenever I was running to the front lines. Hahaha! Noooooooob! XD

I would also like to say thanks for the calculations. I was doing my own math this past month since I started and it was a bit stressful. >_< Really appreciate the information here. Less stress for me, more time for improving. ^_^

I'll be posting my CS after I use your tips. Cheers! ^_~

Ephixiah

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackweedo View Post
I just played a 1vs0 with my volibear. Im lvl 22 OT/Jungle specced. I hit 56 at the 15 min mark. I noticed that at about 13 min the enemy minions started pushing mine back with me only last hitting. I also had 2 towers down before 15 min. Are we suppose to destroy towers? Also does something happen at 13 min that makes the enemy minions stronger?
If you're doing this right, you should never be close to a tower.

Mroki

02-05-2013

Thank you so much for the tips i really appreciate the detail you went into. ill let u know how trying this out go's. Just one thing to add that i learned thanks to a friend.

For people who are color blind or get a bit confused with teams as red green. there is a color blind mode that changes teams to blue red... was a huge help for me and my inferior color vision.

iRequiem

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrategicPlan View Post
good info. just so you know, 19 minions spawn every 1.5 mins (3 waves every 30sec: 6, 6, 7). anyways at 15min there is a max of 165 lane cs, tho champions that can kill jungle while laning (particularly mids like morde/cass) could break 200.
to help go in depth;
lets start with 15 minutes.
minions start spawning at 1:30
and it takes 18 seconds to hit the outer turret in mid.
minions spawn every 30
normal waves consist of 6 minions
every 3rd wave a siege minion appears.

-so-

(converting all minutes into seconds)
900-90-18=792 seconds of available farming time.
(converting back into min:sec)
13:12 time to farm

if you want to record right at 15 minutes dont count the wave that spawns. so that leaves you with.

lets simplify everything

15min - 2 min = 13 min * 2 waves = 26 waves * 6 minions = 156 minions

26 waves / 3 waves = 8.66 waves (round down) = 8 waves = 8 siege minions

156 + 8 = 164 minions appear before 15 minutes.

potentially you can kill 164 in-lane minions around 15 min but putting into variables the lane pressure by the enemy you will generally hit half of that if you are an average player (at least when it comes to last hitting). Also while saving skills for harass is effective if you can farm out a minion or 2 with a skill thats also effective seeing as you get 40+ gold for those 2 minions rather than getting harass dmg off that can just be regenerated back.

As lux, mid game i can take a single wave with lucent singularity(E)

as for interest purpose i did your method

@ 5/10/15 as Lux: 27/74/129

AWanderingFlame

02-26-2013

I thought I was 'good' at last hitting because I was decent at killing lots of minions, but this exercise proved pretty humbling.

First run with Ashe/bot got 19/50/82

Didn't get anything but an iron sword, though was tempted to recall a few times. Also actually got pushed back to my tower once, though kept back from enemy towers.

I found the number of minions nearby had a massive impact. Too many and it became hard to judge my timing for kills, too few and my kill rate slowed down while I 'waited' for them to chip one down. 5-6 seemed about optimal for timing it out.

Also I never knew that just pushing on towers was bad. Got to apply a few of these lessons right away in matches vs. higher level opponents, and the more cautious style it forced on me really paid off in not feeding.

Bliven

02-26-2013

I just got 10/46/66 as olaf top T.T

20/56/90 as corki bottom.

iRequiem

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliven View Post
I just got 10/46/66 as olaf top T.T

20/56/90 as corki bottom.
as corki because you do eventually have to go back it will be easier to farm when you have some items since hes a caster