A Day in Bandle City [Open RP]

12345612 ... 46
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiery Snake1

04-20-2012

(( TIME FOR GRAFFITI ))

Fiery walks in the entrance of Bandle City. He flips his VALORAN FOR DUMMIES BOOK. After reading the chapter about Bandle City, he climbs a building and looks for a blank wall that can be easily seen. Once he finds a wall he grabs a spray can and wrote graffiti in a redish pinkish color. After he is done, he jumps off the building and looks aroud the town.

Iron Ambássador

04-20-2012

(( You know Fiery, I have a feeling people will start ignoring you soon if you keep doing stuff like that... I'm a pinch away from doing it myself ))

Poppy walks into Bandle City, smiling slightly. She looks around, waving back at anyone who would wave at her. She slowly makes her way to her father's old smithinghouse. She sighs, walking inside. She looks at the half-finished armor and weapons on the floor, looking at Whomper for a moment. She ponders for a moment if she should look if her skills are rusty. Deciding not to do so, she sighs, shrugging and leaning against the doorway, looking around Bandle City.
"Well... back home for once... maybe I can stay a little longer this time." She whispers, barely noticeable to anyone nearby.

Fiery Snake1

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador View Post
(( You know Fiery, I have a feeling people will start ignoring you soon if you keep doing stuff like that... I'm a pinch away from doing it myself ))

Poppy walks into Bandle City, smiling slightly. She looks around, waving back at anyone who would wave at her. She slowly makes her way to her father's old smithinghouse. She sighs, walking inside. She looks at the half-finished armor and weapons on the floor, looking at Whomper for a moment. She ponders for a moment if she should look if her skills are rusty. Deciding not to do so, she sighs, shrugging and leaning against the doorway, looking around Bandle City.
"Well... back home for once... maybe I can stay a little longer this time." She whispers, barely noticeable to anyone nearby.
(( sorry editing ))

IlexAlderwood

04-20-2012

Poppy's arrival woul be greeted with the usual fanfare of excited fans cheering and welcoming her back, though as Yordles are all about the small details, the citizen's attention is drawn to the freshly defaced wall. A gathering of muttering, brooding Yordles soon amasses near the wall, along with many complaints of 'I don't remember it being like this yesterday!' and 'I liked it the way it was before!' The mayor soon arrives to the scene, conducting an emergency speech in an attempt to explain this sudden change to the wall, and votes are quickly cast to have the graffiti removed. The day is also declaired a holiday and free scrubbing brushes are handed out to all children, who gladly stop their schooling and gleefully start getting into soap sud fights while scouring the paint. Amidst the ensuing commotion, Ilex sits down on the rim of the fountain and waves to Poppy, spying her peeking out of the blacksmith's window.

Hello miss Poppy! Nice day isn't it? Did you have a safe trip back from Demacia?

Iron Ambássador

04-20-2012

"Hello there Ilex. It is a beautiful day indeed." Poppy nods, looking at gathering. "And I had a peaceful trip. For some unexplicable reason, no one wants try anything with me around." She chuckles slightly. "Finally got some time to visit home... it is rare that I get free time away from work." She looks at the room she's in. "You know... I might see how rusty my blacksmithing skills are... I had a summoner ask if I could make them an armor some time ago."

She turns back to Ilex, looking at the fountain. "How have things been around here lately? I hope I can stay for a bit longer for once..."

IlexAlderwood

04-20-2012

The summoner turns his attention from the water and stands up so he can properly converse, moving over to the window and leaning against the nearest wall, still keeping an eye on the fountain should he catch a glimpse of the hiding fishboy.

"Mm, it must be stressful having to work away from Bandle city for such long periods. I don't think I could handle it. I just don't feel at home anywhere else, but as usual things are fairly peaceful. We haven't had much trouble from Veigar since the incident with the Mothership, and I think we've been getting more visitors."

He seems curious when the topic of blacksmithing comes up, trying to peek into the room

"You still make weapons and armor? So talented. I guess...it's nice to have a hobby to fall back on, heh. In my case...please don't tell anyone, but well...aside from summoning, the only other notable skill I have is embroidery. My family owns that little shop down by the town hall, and while it's not something I wish to persue, I am an only child and I did pick up some of my mother's skill in the craft."

Iron Ambássador

04-20-2012

"Well, not that often... I rarely have access to a forge and metal when I'm not here." Poppy smiles at the comment about talent. "I wouldn't say that talented... it's just what I was brought up doing... and my father said I was born with a gift for smithing." She looks at the room, sighing. "Most of these things... are what we had started before getting that last commission from the general in Demacia... maybe I should try and finish some of them."

She places her shield on a table, strapping Whomper on her back as she goes and picks up a plate of metal. One can see the faint outlines of a chestplate in it. As she looks at it, she ponders about where the commission details are. She puts the plate down against the wall, looking around for a moment before finding the right drawer. She goes through the papers and picks up a certain one, mumbling as she reads it.'

"You know... I might just do that, I can't say I feel too comfortable just sitting around. I am too used to working I presume." She looks at the forge, a thoughtful expression on her face.

(( Edit: "Plate of armor" What was I thinking... fixed to "plate of metal" ))

IlexAlderwood

04-20-2012

He grins and takes a look at the forge, or at least what can be seen from his position anyway. Funnily enough, he still remembers coming to this very shop to admire the steelworks as a young boy, though just one out of many who probably walked past on the way to school.

"It's good to finish work that's been started, I agree. Frees up your mind for when that project you really want to work on comes along. Hard to believe that when I was much younger I used to come by here and daydream about picking up a bow or sword and being a great warrior...like just about every other boy did at some point. I think even back then you were hard at work learning how to shape steel. Most of us used to wonder what you looked like."

He looks pensive for a moment, bringing a hand up to his mouth and habitually nibbling the very ends of his claws. He's certainly not the warrior type, a bit too delicate and mild-mannered even by Yordle standards. Very much the opposite of the strong, hardy Poppy.

((gack, i should sleep. The lore forums should have some kind of IRC for this kind of thing.))

Iron Ambássador

04-20-2012

(( Yeah... I need to get to sleep soon too... I'll post Poppy's response later on when I wake up. ))

Iron Ambássador

04-20-2012

(( Screw it... even if I try I won't fall asleep in an hour or two anyways <.< ))

Poppy looks at Ilex, nodding. "Yeah... I will get forge heated and do some work later on. I guess I barely left the smithy back those days... well, you all found out the answer to that question well enough later on. If you want, you are welcome to step inside. Unfortunately, I've had no time clean up during my last visits... I had to leave almost as soon as I got here..."

She looks at the forge, the thoughtful expression appearing for a moment again. She takes some coals from the corner, placing them on the forge and getting the ignition tools ready for later. She turns to Ilex. "I think I saw a crowd of girls looking for something earlier... was there a special visitor to the City or something?"

12345612 ... 46