A Day in Bandle City [Open RP]

1234511 ... 46
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlexAlderwood

04-19-2012

Yordles! Everywhere! Even amidst all the conflict in Runeterra, Bandle City remains the way it always has been - quaint, charming and full of positive energy. The sound of chittering Yordles and chuffing machinery fill the air along with the smell of baking and icing sugar. Each of the many small houses that line the uneven streets are covered mutually with ivy or needless mechanical parts, and more than a few of them have a tree intentionally growing through the roof or window.

Having become something of a tourist attraction in recent times, the pint-sized locals are generally friendly towards all visitors, so long as they're prepared to stoop to get through doorways. To outsiders, the whole thing seems like some sort of fantasy getaway and the Yordles, ruthless businessmen that they are, are quite willing to exploit this for profit. Everywhere there are little open stores selling Yordle made goods, techmaturgical appliances, and Teemo and Heimerdinger themed merchandise. Visitors can even pay to take a tour of the Bandle Secret Services Office(within reasonable bounds) to meet Tristina, Teemo, and a gaggle of adorable little scouts attempting to follow in their footsteps.

In the center of town is the fabled Mothership, a strange construct of steel and glass that seems to have served some kind of techmaturgical function in the past. It remains to this day a treasured landmark amongst the denizens of Bandle City, even if in recent times it's been shifted slightly from it's original position. There are many posters at the site showing visitors exactly how it used to look, though it takes a good eye to spot the difference.

A bit further down, the blacksmithery in Bandle City is well known for excellent repair and construction of not only Yordle-made, but foreign weapons and armor.

And finally, a new addition to Bandle City is the Yordle Junior Summoner's League, a training facility for those studying to become summoners. The place is pretty empty right now, since it hasn't really caught on yet, but like most other places it's open for tourists to browse, if just so that they can chuckle at the tiny summoning tables.

IlexAlderwood

04-19-2012

Ilex quietly exits the summoner's league, looking exhausted after an intense training session. He takes a moment to remove his hood and comb his ears back, as they get quite itchy. Curiously, he heads into the center of town to see what might be happening today. There are a few things he still needs to take his mind off.

Iron Ambássador

04-19-2012

(( I approve of this. We need more Yordles RPed :P ))

IlexAlderwood

04-19-2012

((Of course. Every other city state had one, so I figured why not? Though personally I see Bandle City as more of a country town by comparison to something like Noxus or Demacia))

SuperMan Pix

04-19-2012

(((OOC ...Lulu's banned here, isn't she )))

Iron Ambássador

04-19-2012

(( Oh... right... I guess the lore states that Lulu Unfortunate... I really love your Lulu btw ))

IlexAlderwood

04-19-2012

((I'm sure Lulu could easily disguise herself if she wanted to.))

Ryugi Kazamaru

04-19-2012

(( Lulu + Pix with mustaches. Make it happen. ))

Ask Fizz

04-20-2012

Fizz hides in a fountain of the city, several of his female fans lurking around.

IlexAlderwood

04-20-2012

Ilex notes the commotion at the fountain, trotting over to see what the fuss is about. He clues in on the high-pitched cries of 'but I'm sure he was here!" and leans over the rim, peering into the shallow pool. Fizz may be perfect at camoflaguing in water, but he knows to look for the little gold ring, and as soon as he sees it he turns and raises his voice in an autorative tone

Oop, nothing to see here. Just the marsh gas casting images on the water's surface, don't you know? It's that time of the year, ladies. Shoo. Absolutely not a surprise visit from a league champion. Go home, all of you!

As the group of confused female yordles disperse, the summoner rests his elbows on the side of the pool and smiles broadly, looking into the water.

Fancy seeing you here! Did you come to visit our wonderful city? And to think I was planning a trip to Bilgewater so I could visit you at your hometown! As you can see, I think you're pretty popular here, and not just on my part either.

1234511 ... 46