Whoes a good counter to Kass?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VanityFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

Hiem.

iv destroyed kass every time iv used hiem. hes my go to counterpick

my thoughts on this match

you need turrets down in lane AT ALL TIMES. but this is fairly easy to do, then you push and rocket him to death.

he cant get close to you without getting destroyed by turrets and ult if you have it.
buy wards as your pushing and open to ganks, also kass will start roaming later on,
steal blue buffs/wraiths and turret dragon
your passive allows you to trade blows with kass

try it before you mock it. iv had teams curse me in lobby for picking heim and then apologies in game, its also cool to win with a "up" champ vs a permabanned champ and you will likly be underestimated

Illlll ll ll Ill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

I main Kassadin and the only two characters I've ever had trouble with had been Caitlyn and Teemo.

Caitlyn bullies me until I reach 6, then I usually get a kill (they're never smart enough to buy some MR over that Phantom Dancer).

But Teemo.... he is the bane of my existence right now. Dat poison....

Hughes De Payens

04-20-2012

Banning him is the best way to deal with him.

BP Jester

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes De Payens View Post
Banning him is the best way to deal with him.
Honestly I would not waste a ban on Kassadin. He is so easy to counter. Pre 6 be extremely aggressive and zone him so you have the early farm advantage. When junglers come to assist you, bait him to blink to you. So many Kass players just use that without even thinking and when your jungler comes in for the kill he will be helpless. Kass is only useful if he can snowball early on and get those kills and without them he is pretty much useless all game.

PracticalPotato

04-20-2012

I've never had a problem with kassadin unless I'm playing something ridiculous. You just have to be passive until he tries to go after you with his harass. You have to deal more to him than he does to you, to make him scared of you.
However, from what I've seen, Kassadin is kind of an all-or-nothing mid. If he gets you to back down, he keeps you down with his mana regen, but if you get him away, he's useless.

1rReL3v4n7

Recruiter

04-20-2012

talon

Illlll ll ll Ill

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTheEnt View Post
Honestly I would not waste a ban on Kassadin. He is so easy to counter. Pre 6 be extremely aggressive and zone him so you have the early farm advantage. When junglers come to assist you, bait him to blink to you. So many Kass players just use that without even thinking and when your jungler comes in for the kill he will be helpless. Kass is only useful if he can snowball early on and get those kills and without them he is pretty much useless all game.
Actually, that is not true. When I lane against Caitlyn she zones me hard and denies me all farm save what my q can get me. But when I hit six I usually get a kill and start snowballing anyway.

Get magic resist, that's another thing. Once I was a kassadin vs a leblanc, got mr for first item then built that into mercury's later on; I could burst her down, she couldnt. Won the lane hard.

If you can keep Kass from roaming and have enough mr so he cant burst you down, you counter him.

Hughes De Payens

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTheEnt View Post
From my experience, whenever he's not banned he just hits level 6 then goes and ganks other lanes if he can't get ahead in yours. Usually he chooses bottom lane, destroys them, comes back with a few kills and then destroys mid.

KirbyCake

04-21-2012

kass is so bad that I'm almost certain everybody counters him.

Doomspikinator

04-21-2012

I've found Tristana to be an excellent counter. For the first 6 levels you just farm from range and hit him when he's in range with attacks and explosive shot, rocket jump away if he gets too close, and you can tank him long enough through the silence he will do to you should you allow him to get close.

Once you hit 6, the ultimate can push him back easy and is a great last minute escape tool if he closes gap between rocket jump and flash, or to finish him off real quick.