[Help] Items for Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xxPapaBearxx

08-10-2010

Precursor: I'm a very new player with limited experience. I enjoy playing Poppy and am trying to find a solid build for her. I recognize that parts of my build may suck entirely... but that's why I'm here. So, criticism is more than welcome provided it's constructive.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I have:

Sheen --> Late Game Lich Bane?
Aegis of Legion
Guardian Angel
Randuin's Omen
Hextech Gunblade

Armor: 18, 68, 90 = +176
Health: 270, 300 = +570
MR: 24, 25, 38 = +87
DMG: 60 = +60
AP: 25, 75 = +100
Speed: 2 = +2
Mana: 250 = +250
Regen: 25 HP/5Sec = +25/per5
Life Steal: 15% = +15%
Spell Vam: 13% = +13%

Passive/Actives:

AoL: +12 Armor / +15 Magic Resistance / +8 Damage to nearby allied units.
Sheen: 100% chance when an ability is used to increase your base damage by 80% on your next attack. This effect has a 3 second cooldown.
Merc: Enhanced Movement 2 Reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, and immobilizes by 35%.
GA: Revives your Champion upon death, restoring 40% of their Health and Mana, this effect can only occur once every 5 minutes.
RO: Passive: 15% Cooldown Reduction and 20% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 25% for 3 seconds. UNIQUE Active: Slows movement speeds..
Hextech: UNIQUE Active: Deals 300 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (700 range). 60 second cooldown.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to Tank, but dealing enough damage that I do not become a negligible target. My fear is that this build is not focused enough; that is, it gives bonuses in too many areas.

Any help is much appreciated.
xxPapaBearxx

emesde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

I wouldn't run hybrid items on Poppy. She relies on her WREQ combo to do damage.

Lich Bane requires alot of AP to be truly effective; Triforce might be a better choice.

I don't like tank Poppy, I just build either AD or AP and make it a 4v5 with 3 clicks.

TestingToaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

Usually Poppy works better on Treelines, simply because of how her instagib ability takes out 1/3, not 1/5 their team.

Two paths: AD or AP
AP better for instagib I find, but if they survive, you are a dead man. Sheen, Sorc Boots, Deathfire.
Good demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5vR-n5U40

AD better for carry-you can actually kill towers. Sheen, some boots, trinity, starks.

It's even better if you're solo queue, because then you get to hog all the buffs with your godlike neutraling ability. Lizard/Ghost/Wolf buff hog, and a level 8/9 dragon->potent leveling and ganking.
Simple strat: basic wrqe, and just kite or follow them until q is up until they die.

Always, always, always remember your ignite + deathfire are amplified by ult.
And that your Q is stupidly strong.

SciencePrime

08-10-2010

In my opinion sheen serves enough of its purpose for poppy... you use an ability then get the double damage on your next hit. Lichbane too excessive. I don't like getting armor or MR on poppy because it reduces the effectiveness of her passive. If anything, I prefer health. I've had huge success with triforce.

Gushma

08-10-2010

Poppy despite the way she looks at first is not a tank. She is an anti-carry (and sometimes a carry) that can initiate and take out one of the opposing carries. That being said a GA or a Aegis are great survivability items for her after making sure she has the items to do her inital burst down.

I would suggest getting Sheen then boots then either building a Tri-Force or a DFG. Once you complete one get the other. If the game is still going on then a survivability item like veil, GA or Aegis would help alot depending on the opponents.

xxPapaBearxx

08-10-2010

Hey! Thanks a lot everybody. I'll definitely try this stuff out.

UnOfficial

08-10-2010

You definitely want to get Sheen then you want to get DeathfireGrasp , then void staff

Duck King

08-11-2010

Triforce, Deathfire Grasp, Void Staff, Lichbane are some of the best items on her (obviously Triforce for AD, Lichbane for AP). I'm actually fond of building her as a hybrid, but it takes more farm to pull off, which isn't something she accomplishes very well. I'm used to ending games with my core build and great K/D/A but like 50~ creep score, so hybrid might not be for you if you're not confident in playing super aggressively. You'd typically get a DFG and Void Staff or Nashor's, with Triforce and other choice items, Madreds works.

Aegis is a really nice item on her, Guardian Angel also works well but doesn't give the team aura and takes more farm.

GhostDieM

08-11-2010

I build her Triforce, Bloodrazor, boots of your choice (usually mercs) and then Abyssal scepter for the extra AP + MP. If u got gold to spare then u could go for some def like GA or Aegis. This build gives her A LOT of burst capacity and gives me enough survivability to escape after I've made the kill