[Item Suggestion] Miyamo's Moonstone Flute

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edasich

04-19-2012

Miyamo's Moonstone Flute
7th revision

Attachment 507973

Item Cost: 2600g (790g)
Sell Value: 1800g
Recipe: Amplifying Tome, Emblem of Valor, Mana Manipulator
Effects: +35 Ability Power, +35 armor
Unique Passive: +10% cooldown reduction
Unique Aura: Nearby allied champions gain +20 health regen per 5 and +12 mana regen per 5
Unique Active: Nearby allied minions target a targeted enemy unit or structure and have +2 movement speed for 5 seconds. (60 second cooldown)

Lore
During his spare time, Summoner Issun Miyamo, a former Ionian refugee to Demacia, can often be seen playing his keepsake moonstone flute in solitude. When the flute was found to contain invigorating power for those who heard it with open minds, a councilor approached him and asked him to let her study the flute. Upon learning of its composition, she then asked for Miyamo's permission to mass produce the flute for League use. Miyamo agreed under the condition that the original flute remain in his possession. The resulting copies of Miyamo's flute are now inexpensive but reliable favorites among the League of Legends' more enlightened members.

The Blue Jelly

04-19-2012

Mana burn is anti fun, so no.

Plus also lol give this to an Ahri with just 667 total AP and she easily make 3 targets oom. Her ult alone is gonna shave ~200 mana off of three targets.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Mana Burn has been decided to be a mechanic that is binary: either it doesn't burn enough Mana and it's worthless, or it burns enough Mana and your opponent is perma-silenced.

Edasich

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Jelly View Post
Mana burn is anti fun, so no.

Plus also lol give this to an Ahri with just 667 total AP and she easily make 3 targets oom. Her ult alone is gonna shave ~200 mana off of three targets.
Okay. I reworked the active a bit.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Mana generation by auto attacks also has the potential to be really strong outside of champion-specific instances. What if someone also has Lich Bane? 15% of 400 (most mages get at least 100 base AD, and 300 AP is easy to get) is 60 mana, which is about par for an ability's cost.

Edasich

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Mana generation by auto attacks also has the potential to be really strong outside of champion-specific instances. What if someone also has Lich Bane? 15% of 400 (most mages get at least 100 base AD, and 300 AP is easy to get) is 60 mana, which is about par for an ability's cost.
Okay, then. Any suggestions? I'm trying to make this item's active do something that no other item in the entire game does.

The Blue Jelly

04-19-2012

Well, the mana steal thing would really only be a problem on Swain and Anivia, but....
idk... Maybe some form of minion buff or commanding ability. Like, for the active duration, any nearby minions will target the same thing you target.
Random idea I know lol. I see flute and I think of the pied piper XD

Edasich

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Jelly View Post
Well, the mana steal thing would really only be a problem on Swain and Anivia, but....
idk... Maybe some form of minion buff or commanding ability. Like, for the active duration, any nearby minions will target the same thing you target.
Random idea I know lol. I see flute and I think of the pied piper XD
I see, then. Thanks for the suggestion.

tiburon5

04-19-2012

hmm... can you use this new active on yourself? if you can then it would be OP on soraka, brings her right back to being unshakeable in lane. if not, this i can see this being a core item for most supports to counter soraka giving them a chance to help their lane partner keep up with soraka's "lol my partner has infinite mana "

also the passive aura feels overpowered, this basically makes it so that your lane never has to go back for health or mana. I'm thinking half both the aura regens then add the other half to the regular effects (the one who makes it gets the same amount but everyone else gets half effects of the current item)

i think this is very well thought up as an item but i doubt we'll see it. mostly because i think making more items that build from g/10s isn't a great idea.

i liked it better when the g/10s just built into 1 item making them situational: either you were building into the higher item anyways or you knew you'd hold on to it for at least 20 min to make it worthwhile. now just about everyone builds a g/10 because there's always a higher item that you can use effectively on your champ.

Edasich

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon5 View Post
hmm... can you use this new active on yourself? if you can then it would be OP on soraka, brings her right back to being unshakeable in lane. if not, this i can see this being a core item for most supports to counter soraka giving them a chance to help their lane partner keep up with soraka's "lol my partner has infinite mana "

also the passive aura feels overpowered, this basically makes it so that your lane never has to go back for health or mana. I'm thinking half both the aura regens then add the other half to the regular effects (the one who makes it gets the same amount but everyone else gets half effects of the current item)

i think this is very well thought up as an item but i doubt we'll see it. mostly because i think making more items that build from g/10s isn't a great idea.

i liked it better when the g/10s just built into 1 item making them situational: either you were building into the higher item anyways or you knew you'd hold on to it for at least 20 min to make it worthwhile. now just about everyone builds a g/10 because there's always a higher item that you can use effectively on your champ.
Actually, I didn't have mana restoration being usable on yourself in mind when I had that last active you mentioned. The current active is kind of a way to make minions more useful than just being sword fodder.

As for the aura, I think I see what you mean, but keep in mind that those are values restored every 5 seconds. Thanks for the feedback.