Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what do you think is the WORST dominion champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

04-19-2012

Sejuani haters.

Kiddalee

04-19-2012

Quote:
Alex Dude:
well definitely gonna get flamed for this because people aren't allowed to have opinions but here goes...
So okay flame away and say how wrong I am just cause I want to make a bit of discussion instead of baaaaing like a sheep.

How about we just downvote you for making a horrible post and insulting the whole forum instead?

Cauldrath

04-19-2012

My vote goes to Tryndamere. Rage system + long cooldown ult + the rest of his kit being so dependent on rage and his ult + melee champ with almost no survivability + completely shut down by Thornmail, Warden's Mail, or Frozen Heart. Never seen one do very well.

Volandum

04-19-2012

Quote:
Geekrose:
It's kinda hard to say who's the worst, seeing as how dominion is so unbalanced, every champ has just about an equal chance to be useful.

That's what I'd call balanced.

Bolshoi

04-19-2012

I'm going to not say Senjuani. Instead, I'm going to say Cho'Gath. Mainly because his ult relies on him not dying, and dying happens in Dom quite frequently. So yeah, his ult? Fairly useless.

Volandum

04-19-2012

As useless as a 0.7 ratio true damage nuke with good base damage and low cooldown for an ult is on a field where most people have 100-odd resists.

Astronautical

04-19-2012

Quote:
commodoreskippy:
nooo way. There is a lot of potential in all of them.

Anyway, i'd say zilean. His lategame has never been all that impressive and his utility doesn't quite make up for it in dom.

pooters..

BigDaddyDelish

04-19-2012

Quote:
Alex Dude:
well definitely gonna get flamed for this because people aren't allowed to have opinions but here goes...

Karma basically requires you to be on teamspeak because she depends too much on allies coordinating correctly and still has a cooldown issue anyway.
Katarina depends too much on being able to ult uninterrupted and usually easy to kill.
Leblanc doesn't have the same early game ownage and has the same late game problems in dominion as in SR (tankiness making her burst weak).
Nunu does well as a W-dispenser but I just find him meh.
I almost put Fiddlesticks on that list too, I find him to be easy to kill most of the time and life steal >>>> drain but his ult is good and so is his fear.
Sejuani you build as tanky and at least you have an AOE stun. Yes I know she is pretty horrid and cooldowns just bad just saying it's not a forgone conclusion.

So okay flame away and say how wrong I am just cause I want to make a bit of discussion instead of baaaaing like a sheep.

See, the thing with people like you is that it doesn't matter what anyone else says. You won't listen to us anyway because you are already so set in your own biases that you will never take into consideration what anyone else says.

For example, I find LeBlanc to be one of the more powerful champs on Dominion. LB has very good scaling along with awesome abilities that make her extremely powerful in skirmishes. Her weakness in SR is that her being so single target focused makes her poor in teamfights, her severe inability to farm effectively outside of a good last hit animation makes it so that she HAS to be fed kills to remain relevant, and Banshee's Veil is extremely annoying on a combo reliant caster such as LB.

But she has none of those problems on Dominion. In small scale battles, she is nearly unstoppable, not even Jax can 1v1 her (and yes, I can confirm through much experience playing LeBlanc, Jax cannot win a 1v1 vs her if she plays it right), and Distortion is extremely awesome on Dominion.

Katarina is another example. In SR, she is a bit overly reliant on her ult to be a threat. In Dominion though, she is given a little bit of grace if she has back-up. While 1v1 she HAS to ult to do damage, in small scale battles she can constantly poke and blink around, and if someone on the enemy team dies all of a sudden her damage spikes by having her cooldowns completely refreshed. This ensures that she will almost always have her ult up for each encounter too, and she can pull a lot of nasty tricks on people to turn the tides into her team's favor.

Nunu is a bit weirder of a pick. Not the best, but he definitely has a place. His perma slow is extremely obnoxious, especially if you are someone like Fiora, Vayne, or someone else who is very reliant on auto-attacks to do damage due to the immense attack speed slow. Then add one of the best steroids in the game for your own carry and you've got a really solid support. Also, ulting from the brush is still as obnoxious as it is in SR.

Karma is one of the best supports to take when you have a melee on your team. Combine her with Pantheon, Wukong, Udyr, etc. and she can turn them into a God. Her main issues in SR are that she is mostly a support with mage qualities, making her need farm to be effective and without mantra charges, her skills become significantly weaker. In Dominion though, farm is a non-issue and she can shield for TOOONNS of health. With a melee champ on your team, you can add a substantial amount to their burst, make it so that they cannot be kited, and heal them at the same time you damage their target depending on how you use your mantra charges. 40% cdr is an absolute must, but she is surprisingly good with one or two people on your team that can work with her.

Also Fiddle ult is insanely good, and chain silence/3 second fear is obscene. He's not the best pick as he can be rather fragile, but played correctly he is still a force to be reckoned with.

Sejuani is one of the only champs I think is weak on Dominion. She can be really annoying with her slows, but I'd much rather have someone like Ashe to chain slow, or Leona to chain cc because they provide very solid damage on top of their cc, while Sej just provides some cc and some very minimal damage. Her ultimate is great, but I'd still rather have Ashe or Leona's ultimate in that situation because they are on a lower cd and are just as good.

But those champs you mentioned are way stronger than you give them credit for.

BigDaddyDelish

04-19-2012

Quote:
Bolshoi:
I'm going to not say Senjuani. Instead, I'm going to say Cho'Gath. Mainly because his ult relies on him not dying, and dying happens in Dom quite frequently. So yeah, his ult? Fairly useless.

You say that like the only useful part of his ultimate is that it gives him health. The true damage is great, and he's one of the best bot laners imo. Especially against the infamous Yorick, of whom Cho'Gath wipes his ass with.

A single hat

04-19-2012

Quote:
BigDaddyRelish:
You say that like the only useful part of his ultimate is that it gives him health. The true damage is great, and he's one of the best bot laners imo. Especially against the infamous Yorick, of whom Cho'Gath wipes his ass with.

Soraka wipes the floor with Cho-Gath