Did you find thse parts of the guide useful?

Yes - Please keep them coming 20 95.24%
No - Please email skizz@gameragetroll.com for suggestions. 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

]"Raise Your Elo" Guide - Part 1 & 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xskizzx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

"Raise Your Elo" a Motivational and Competitive Guide/Discussion for those in "ELO Hell"
By xskizzx

Introduction

I am writing this guide to give you legitimate unlucky summoners and whining summoners a chance to take a look at your game and examine how to get yourself out of "Elo Hell." I have a few simple steps here that I garentee (sorry) will raise your ELO even just slightly if you pay attention to your game. This article will have a couple parts that I will post as I want to give proper time and description to the things I cover.

My goal is for this to help people who are dedicated to raising their elo and to prove that ELO HELL DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!

I will revise this article as much as possible with the communities suggestions.

**Disclaimer** Although I am not a PRO at this game I have brought myself out of the clutches 1080 ELO to sit @ about 1339 @ time of writing this 04/12/12. I definitely will update my guide as people add things that I may have forgotten. This is not intended for PRO level play, but is the stepping stone to set you up to get there. I will be updating my ELO**End Disclaimer**

ELO Updates: www.twitch.tv/xskizzx
1361 - 04/19/12
1412 - 04/21/12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto the article:

Part 1 - The Basics (Look at these before you even start a game)
There are a few things that you will need to start incorporating into your play that will help you during games. Please do the following.

LOL REPLAY

Download and install LOL replay. ( Why Not look at your gameplay and see how well you really did that last team fight). Any summoner can benefit from looking at their gameplay. It may seem like you did everything right, but this allows you to see what you did right and what you need improvement on: Positioning, map awareness, supporting your other lanes, etc.. I would pick at least 1 loss on the day and look to see where you could have improved if you don't have time to go over all of them.. and hey there is a nifty fast forward feature in case you want to skim by some parts and focus on certain parts of the game.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/download/

LOL Counter Pick List

Taken From VII Avenue's Thread (Half the battle is knowing thy enemy). While this does not you will have an insta win if you counter pick them. This is good to get a REFERENCE I repeat.. REFERENCE of what champions have certain advantages vs other champions and by no means is GG.. It'll still takes you being familiar with the character and your enemy to know what innate mechanics counter the other champion.
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=542711

Save to your favorites in your web browser or download the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
or : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0
Jungle Timers (A need to know if you want to be an efficient jungler)
Everyone efficient jungler needs to know the buff timers.. Having good control of your buffs and for advanced players their enemies buff can definitely stifle an enemy junglers and enemy mid's production by reducing their effectiveness by controlling their buffs.

Jungle Camps -------- Spawns@ --------- Respawn----- Buff Time--------Gold

Anc Golem----------------1:55------------------5:00----------------- 2:30 - - "3:15 with Mastery"
Lizard -----------------------1:55 -----------------5:00----------------- 2:30 - - " '
Wraith/Wolf/Golem ------1:40------------------1:00----------------- N/A
Dragon ----------------------2:30 -----------------6:00 ----------------N/A ------------+190g + 25g for last hit
Baron -----------------------15:00---------------- 7:00---------------- 4:00 ------------+300g + 25g for last hit

Memorized it??? Got it? Ok good.. Let's move on.

For any corrections please email me at skizz@gameragetroll.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 – Attitude / Approach of the game

This part of the lesson has to do with our summoners attitudes and moods in the game. Keep in mind that this I believe has one of the BIGGEST IMPACTS ON THE GAME.

Going on TILT.

Many people are familiar with this term in poker.. Someone gets a bad beat (loses a hand that they are heavily favored to win statistically) and they lose it. The LOL equivalent to a bad beat would be that GALIO loses to Leblanc mid. Their composure goes out the window and they are red faced screaming how much of an idiot that person is. After that they feel rattled.. They can think straight and are ready to spout off their anger on the next person who says anything to them. This is when you need to take a break. You will not be playing 100% of your ability if you continue and if you choose to.. Watch the ELO melt off your profile as you auto queue in with a bad attitude or clouded mind and bring down the moral of your team in games to come.

Yelling at teammates and why YOU shouldn’t do it.

Now it seems like these days people have scripts bound to hotkeys that trigger as soon as their teammates gives first blood. Example: WOW THIS {INSERT AD CARRY} IS SOO F*CKING BAD. GG WP PLEASE REPORT. Now just think about any professional gaming or sport team. Does Kobe, Lebron, D Rose, Durant yell at their teammates whenever they have a bad defensive spurt or miss a shot? If you are on this persons team and your collective goal is to WIN in any sport. Why would you belittle your team mate and make him/her play even worse than you think he is currently playing. I have truthfully had many games where through providing encouragement have turned an players game around. Hell I even have had games where I am MID going 0-3 and my jungler still has faith in giving me the blue bluff and helps me get back into the game and dominating. I would never have been able to accomplish or much even wanted to if my teammate was yelling at me, took every blue buff for the rest of the game (leaving me at a disadvantage vs mid and putting me further behind). Once you start playing the game like it’s a 4v5. You might as well /ff the game now.. Because there is a slim chance your teammate will get back into the game and miraculously turn the game around. I can tell you that those miraculous comebacks from a feeding teammate. Aren’t so miraculous to me anymore.

Know when you’re beat

One sign of a great player is one that can take a loss well. You have well learned by getting to level 30 that YOU CANNOT WIN EVERY GAME YOU PLAY. There are elements that you can control and things that are outside your grasp. You will see these good/great players discussing with the enemy champion on how they got ahead, how they got ganks, what items they were going to buy, asking their through process in certain parts of the game and more. Being humble in defeat will make you a better player, because it will open your mind to improving your game the fastest. You will still get the *******s that will reply to your sincere request for information post game, “I won because I’m a baus.” I can tell you that a majority of the time. You will surpass them in ELO and understanding of the game if you continue your same practice, open minded approach and discussion of the game.

You do not necessarily know more about the game than your team mates.

When you queue up and get matched with people. You are similar ELO to everyone in that match.. I don’t care who or what you think you are. There is a reason you are there. If you’re supposed to be higher ELO then WIN MORE GAMES! Reality is… you’re not, because YOU ARE THE ELO THAT YOU ARE AND NOTHING MORE OR LESS THAN THAT NUMBER UNTIL YOU PROVE OTHERWISE. If you can’t get out of an ELO it is because there are GAPING HOLES in your game that your opponents are taking advantage of to win their games. The reason I started with that section is because YOU DO NOT NEED TO TELL SOMEONE HOW TO PLAY THE GAME UNLESS THEY ASK YOU. Now of course you can make suggestions as long as you are not being a d*ck, but I would refrain from making any suggestions because most of you summoners cannot even say 3 words without rubbing someone the wrong way. A lot of times in passing I use psychological ways of getting my point across. Let’s look at the scenario and possible outcomes.

Scenario- Your Team’s AD carry is Vayne and she keeps getting caught by a decently fed Warwick. You can handle most of the team, but that Warwick ult is really what’s getting her.

Your Angry Advice – GOD DAMMMIT VAYNE GO GET A ****ING QSS FOR WW’S ULT NOW.
Likely Responses-Eff this guy for yelling at me I am going to keep my own build he’s a moron.

Your Helpful Advice- **** Ashe that WW ult got you. I was trying to get him off you, but I think you should get QSS to cancel out his ult .
You should be pretty safe with a QSS

Now it’s clear to see that the second advice would have a greater chance of resonating with the person. Nothing is 100% guaranteed, but the person might not understand QSS and how much it costs. So explaining those benefits rather than just yelling at someone to do something. You need to understand that this is a competitive game and everyone has their pride. Screaming at someone will not allow someone to let helpful information past their pride barrier. You need to understand that everyone is different and learns the game their way and if you want to be successful you need to adapt to your teammates to get through to them.

If you made it this far. Thank you for reading!! Please upvote and post any information that I entered incorrectly or comment/discuss. If I get alot of feedback for this I will continue writing the other parts of the guide I planned and revise them as time goes on.

DMPuffy

04-19-2012

This thread will probably be taken a lot more seriously in the long run if you removed ELO hell from the equation. There is actually some decent tips in here, it'd be a shame if it devolved into an ELO hell debate.

xskizzx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

My approach was trying to captivate the people who "believe" they are in ELO hell. Maybe I need to elaborate more that ELO hell is a state of mind and poor play rather than a bunch of people dcing/afking and feeding your enemy. I get your point. Would puttiing it in quotations make it show that I do not believe in it and am using it more for a hook.. People will believe in ELO hell and people who believe it are the ones that I am trying to educate and help.

xskizzx

04-19-2012

oh and thanks for the suggestion!! I will probably edit it after lunch.

StrategicPlan

04-19-2012

just for reference, i believe the red/blue buff last for about 2min, or 2 and a half with the mastery

xskizzx

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrategicPlan View Post
just for reference, i believe the red/blue buff last for about 2min, or 2 and a half with the mastery
Thanks, I found out it is 2:30 normal.. 3:15 with mastery or something close to that.

DMPuffy

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xskizzx View Post
My approach was trying to captivate the people who "believe" they are in ELO hell. Maybe I need to elaborate more that ELO hell is a state of mind and poor play rather than a bunch of people dcing/afking and feeding your enemy. I get your point. Would puttiing it in quotations make it show that I do not believe in it and am using it more for a hook.. People will believe in ELO hell and people who believe it are the ones that I am trying to educate and help.
That would be a much better way of putting it, yes. Making sure that they realize ELO hell is only a state of mind combined with your skill level is the best way to address that myth.

PablowEscabar

04-19-2012

Like the advice and very informative , the buff timers and things like that will be very helpful.

AuraoftheFlame

04-19-2012

Uhm.. You will want to fix the Baron timer.. It is a 7:00 minute respawn.. Not 8.

Brettakisse

04-19-2012

In the middle of the "yelling at teamates and why you shouldn't do it" paragraph, you said "why would you belittle your OPPONENT and make him play worse..." Pretty sure you meant to say teammate.