Trying to expand my arsenal..jungling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B Bunny1

04-18-2012

I've jungled before and have the basic concept, I just don't think I'm very good at it right now.

What jungling champs are easy mode for someone like myself, who typically plays ap mids like lux and ziggs. I have nautilus as a tank, and i know he can jungle but I never see anyone pick him for jungling purposes.

I always see Lee Sin jungling, used to always see Shaco too. Why hardly ever someone like Skarner?

BTW i play solo queue. Suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Hughes De Payens

04-18-2012

I'm learning to jungle as Udyr. His clears and ganks are good, so he's a nice choice.

Lee Sin is very high on the skill-cap range, so you might want to start with an easier jungler.

Eledhan

04-18-2012

I have spent more time on jungler than any other role besides Ranged AD. As an avid jungler who is trying to take the best jungler for my team, I like to keep a variety of options available. Below are just the basic thought processes of my jungler selection...

If my team has plenty of DPS from our laners, but very little CC, I'll take Maokai so I can be the frontline initiator and protector.

If my team has good DPS and also has some CC, I'll take more of a faster clearing champ with a hard CC like Skarner.

Both of those champions typically start with Regrowth Pendant, use Defensive masteries, and build Gp10 items so they can focus on ganking. They are great initiators and protectors of your team as well, and also deal quite a lot of damage over long fights.

If my team has moderate damage and moderate CC, I'll take a champ like Shyvana. She doesn't have strong CC, but her disruption, aoe DPS, insanely high clearing speeds, and her ability to counter jungle make her a great pick in a fairly balanced team.

If your team needs DPS from their jungler because they have quite a bit of CC and toughness in the lanes, you can go with a more DPS jungler like Nocturne.

Obviously, there are lots of other options out there, but I have found that these 4 really cover a lot of areas and are quite easy to learn and become fairly good at with only about 10 games each. Also, Mao/Skarn run similar runes and the same masteries, as do Shyv/Noct...that helps a lot too, for those of you who maybe don't have tons of rune pages, or are still building them.

Udyr is another great option somewhere between Skarner and Shyvana. But Udyr is so flexible, you can really build him multiple ways. Just depends on your personal preferences.

Check out some of the pro guides for these champs for more detail on how to use them, but I feel like they are some of the most powerful, useful, yet simple/easy champs for jungling in the game. All of them are great for getting started in your jungling career!

TehJackAttack

04-18-2012

I recommend Nocturne and Amumu as easy to learn junglers. WW is probably THE easiest, but his clear times aren't great and his ganks are weak pre-6. Noc with his fear and Amumu with his bandage toss both have great ganking ability at 4 (or earlier if you choose) and both have pretty quick clear times without a high skill cap.

Pineapple Fury

04-18-2012

Alistar jungle carries. Seriously. Try it.