Dying defending or contesting a fourth node...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolutes22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Costs more than it is worth.

Stop doing it.

Xavderion

04-18-2012

Most common mistake I see. Sometimes it happens 3-4 times in one game and it makes me want to punch some babies.

Zulgaines

04-18-2012

NO DON'T, JUST GO BACK AND BUY AND HEAL WHILE YOU HAVE TIME, DON'T PUSH THE MID POINT!
*an ally has been slain*
SERIOUSLY, THEY RESPAWN IN GROUPS, PLEASE
*enemy double kill*
SHEN JUST LET HER GO AND ESCAPE YOU'RE BEING BAITED INTO THEIR SPAWN
*enemy triple kill*
"gg, this nub didnt follow to take mid"

SoSalty

04-18-2012

I do it when I'm bot and I have revive. It forces the enemy team to focus on my point while my team top has time to regroup and/or take top if they haven't already done so.

naotasan

04-18-2012

What if you, the random person holding the fourth node, actually DEFEND IT to the point where it forces their team spread out so your 3 other people can pick them off?

It can work in the right hands, you just need to be a champion with a lot of CC (for me, I was fiddle)

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
What if you, the random person holding the fourth node, actually DEFEND IT to the point where it forces their team spread out so your 3 other people can pick them off?

It can work in the right hands, you just need to be a champion with a lot of CC (for me, I was fiddle)
It's doable. I spend quite a long time some games holding their bottom until they make a concerted effort of 3 (even sometimes 4) enemies to break my hold.
But yeah, not recommended without revive.

Dying to contest a 4th point? Please don't, you're only doing the enemy team a favor.

A single hat

04-18-2012

I know the point you are making (valid mostly), but sometimes when you get top, the enemy will leave the area to go pressure somewhere else rather than just bumping their head against your tanks on the point, and if you don't catch them going, it can be better just to trade points rather than fight it out over a neutral point

IE, they try to 5 man bot dive... you might as well just grab their mid if you didn't see them going, because your bot will probably die against 5 people, and then you are fighting 4v5 against a probably neutral point... ie you will probably lose and maybe even lose your remaining points. Far better just to take their mid so you continue to have the advantage, and then hopefully trade points again to end up where you started out... with the advantage. (This is why I feel CV is really strong to have on a team, but its not meta yet, so very few people have the intuition to know where and when to use it, but I imagine it will become meta if we ever get a dominion soloqueue ladder and people start hardcore tryharding, easily a won teamfight if you get a good CV on them while they are trying a sneaky move)

xPainx

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A single hat View Post
I know the point you are making (valid mostly), but sometimes when you get top, the enemy will leave the area to go pressure somewhere else rather than just bumping their head against your tanks on the point, and if you don't catch them going, it can be better just to trade points rather than fight it out over a neutral point

IE, they try to 5 man bot dive... you might as well just grab their mid if you didn't see them going, because your bot will probably die against 5 people, and then you are fighting 4v5 against a probably neutral point... ie you will probably lose and maybe even lose your remaining points. Far better just to take their mid so you continue to have the advantage, and then hopefully trade points again to end up where you started out... with the advantage. (This is why I feel CV is really strong to have on a team, but its not meta yet, so very few people have the intuition to know where and when to use it, but I imagine it will become meta if we ever get a dominion soloqueue ladder and people start hardcore tryharding, easily a won teamfight if you get a good CV on them while they are trying a sneaky move)
Yes , but there are Many times when people try to cap the enemy's mid node at the wrong time. You shouldn't try capping it when you know the enemy team is on their way UNLESS u outnumber them or can simply beat them.

If your top lane kills 2-3 players..then obviously its alot safer to cap their mid. You can check TAB to see how many players are still alive and where they are so we know who could possibly stop me or whoever from capping.

The real issue is not about whether capping nodes or camping in bushes alone is bad or not..its really about WHEN and HOW you do those things and what the risks are. Its just common sense..if there's only 1 or 2 enemies alive and the rest are still dead for 12 seconds then obviously its not as risky to Cap their mid. Also it would depend on how far away you are from their mid. Would the enemy spawn and be on their way by the time u get there? Do you have enough time to just neutralize,back away and then harass them to stall them from capping. It would also depend on what summoner spells u have available , What hero your playing , who your fighting and how many your fighting. Theres MANY factors in this game that determine when you should do certain things..i can go on all day.

K J

04-19-2012

Dying defending or contesting a fourth node costs more than it's worth.

Dying defending or contesting a fourth node

Dying

Stop doing it.

OP never said that taking or contesting a 4th point is a bad thing, just that dying to do it was.