Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Nerf Twitch Range For all that is SANE

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Truhls

Senior Member

10-24-2009

Quote:
Aeonus:
Maybe the person in question just stinks outloud with Twitch
Even if you have a remote semblance of what he can do you can pwn due to his monster range

I ain't that great with Twitch and got most kills in a game and killed 3/4 of the turrets w/no problem


then the team you played is quite frankly, retarded. If he is backdooring turrets he doing so little damage he has to ult 3-5 time to take them down depending on the turret. if hes there with mobs the team should of known to protect that turret, and one stun/bind and hes totaly screwed, you focus him, hes screwed, you buy an oracle, hes screwed, hes an incredible glass cannon, it is what he is.

I have not had a single twitch i have ever played against be a deciding factor in any team battle, or tower killer. Wanna know how? i killed him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

albatroxx

Member

10-24-2009

Actually, I played Twitch and stacked phantom dancers, and it was pretty intense, I could kill towers faster than anyone else on my team and could easily escape when I was attacked in return (480+ base movement speed with stealth and ghost will do that for you). Of course the catch to this was that any battle that involved more than one person on the opposing team managed to kill me in seconds, but hey, thats what you get for playing twitch. I wouldn't say that he is too unbalanced, the only part that I am opposed to is ranged stealthy heroes, because that is kinda cheap, but it isn't that bad.

My Breakdown on Twitch:

One on one Twitch will give you surprise buttsecks.
In a team fight he just keels over and dies.
He is pretty good at killing towers, especially while there is a team fight going on somewhere else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moot

Recruiter

10-24-2009

Quote:
albatroxx:

My Breakdown on Twitch:

One on one Twitch will give you surprise buttsecks.
In a team fight he just keels over and dies.
He is pretty good at killing towers, especially while there is a team fight going on somewhere else.


i second the motion. most people just whine because they don't know how to counter something. and twitch will rape you if you don't know what your doing making it look so much worse than it really is


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GNOY

Senior Member

10-24-2009

Twitch's ult is crap, and eventually I hope they rework it. He is only good for taking out towers and backdooring.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanaz

Member

10-24-2009

Quote:
GNOY:
Twitch's ult is crap, and eventually I hope they rework it. He is only good for taking out towers and backdooring.


That's almost exactly opposite of how i feel playing twitch... Usually I'm just waiting around to pop out and take down 2-3 people with his ult in a matter of seconds... behind my tanks and when they preferably are slowed of course =x


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zergling

Member

10-24-2009

Quote:
Truhls:
lol so many whiners. try playing twitch in a competitive game if you think hes so good, or even a team with just 3 even semi decent players who actually know what they are doing. Twitch gets shut down so hard hes lucky to stay alive, let alone get a kill.


not completely true. my first 3 games with twitch i had 10, 15 and 22 kills. i didn't really care about deaths since you don't lose any money. once twitch is 2 or 3 levels ahead of another champion, that champ is dead. he doesn't even need ability since his expunge does about as much as some other champ's ultimates without it!

don't want to go ability? okay, just get pure attack speed. i won my first game autoattacking and slowing since i had no idea just how powerful expunge was. i admit, once i'm vs 3 or 4 heroes in one lane, i can only manage to kill one, but in reality, shouldn't that not even be possible? shoudn't i be dead before i can even kill one? especially if their entire team is higher level than me.

i'm only speaking from my experiences though, but hey, if you don't wanna nerf him, screw it. i'll juts keep using him. i doubt the programmers really care anyway. they're just trying to make money off of dota like hon and demigod. >.>


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GNOY

Senior Member

10-24-2009

Quote:
Nanaz:
That's almost exactly opposite of how i feel playing twitch... Usually I'm just waiting around to pop out and take down 2-3 people with his ult in a matter of seconds... behind my tanks and when they preferably are slowed of course =x


Usually he disabled/nuked to death as he pops out, especially if someone have oracle. At least thats what I experienced when played vs him or if played as Twitch vs good teams.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Truhls

Senior Member

10-24-2009

Quote:
Zergling:
not completely true. my first 3 games with twitch i had 10, 15 and 22 kills. i didn't really care about deaths since you don't lose any money. once twitch is 2 or 3 levels ahead of another champion, that champ is dead. he doesn't even need ability since his expunge does about as much as some other champ's ultimates without it!

don't want to go ability? okay, just get pure attack speed. i won my first game autoattacking and slowing since i had no idea just how powerful expunge was. i admit, once i'm vs 3 or 4 heroes in one lane, i can only manage to kill one, but in reality, shouldn't that not even be possible? shoudn't i be dead before i can even kill one? especially if their entire team is higher level than me.

i'm only speaking from my experiences though, but hey, if you don't wanna nerf him, screw it. i'll juts keep using him. i doubt the programmers really care anyway. they're just trying to make money off of dota like hon and demigod. >.>


Well at least someoen will use him finally, hes only good at pubstomping idiots. if you think otherwise you havent played against good people yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dagna

Senior Member

10-24-2009

My thoughts on this, no champ should have an ability that can destroy a tower from full hp and not risk anything while doing it. Its all reward with no risk. Honestly, how hard would it be to make his range that of the turrents...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skoalar

Member

10-25-2009

Twitch is a fucking MONSTER! Yes he is complete squish and susceptible to stun + focus fire (most non-tanks are btw) but a good twitch is going to present little opportunity for that. If he is coupled with someone that has an aoe disable like Amumu or Malphite, he can spray your whole team damn team down. I thought he was fairly balanced before they buffed the shit out of his ult. Its just too crazy now in team fights. Even if your team has oracle pots he is still a threat and a good twitch is going to know whether or not you have them. If you haven't seen a twitch dominate a game, you should play more (assuming you are trying to get good at this game). And to Truhls, the main guy in this thread swearing up and down that he owns twitch...he has only won 3 games so lets not take anything he says to heart.


123