Critique my Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

04-18-2012

Don't build Warden's Mail. The exception is if you're going up against Yorick or AD Malz, since it's the only item that specifically counters them (and that alone won't be enough against them, you still need Frozen Heart or at least Glacial Shroud after you finish Omen).

You almost always need Merc Treads. You have to stay close to a target for as long as possible during your ult and getting kited by CC is bad and embarrassing. You can sometimes count on Wither if you max it first, but anyone with a brain WILL build tenacity very quickly against Nasus so it won't be enough.

Heavy AP? Rush Force of Nature. Otherwise, get a Maw of Malmortius (or at least an early Hexdrinker) just to deal with residual magic damage or ganks.

Triforce is core in any build, but usually you want to just stop at Sheen to finish your big tank items. Finish Triforce early only if you're dominating a weak lane opponent and you want to press that advantage hard.

Other good items are Sanguine Blade and Aegis. SB + offense masteries and lifesteal quints can give you a ridiculous amount of 24/7 lifesteal thanks to your passive.

He's a great bot, but has a very weak early game that's easy to take advantage of. Try not to get killed right away and you're fine.

yausser

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
He's a great bot, but has a very weak early game that's easy to take advantage of. Try not to get killed right away and you're fine.
I don't consider myself a skilled enough player for bot. Seems like a lot of responsibility. So if I am not going bot, should I be the first to arrive or the the last to arrive ie. taking mid first. Or go bot or go home?

PrometheanRage

04-18-2012

When I Nasus, I always go bot. Push if they aren't ganking, escape ganks with wither and ult, sit on turret and farm with spirit fire if there is heavy pressure.

Seriously, wither is the most amazing anti-harass spell in the game. With max CDR it is up all the time, and shuts a lot of champs down entirely.