"Best" Jungle Character to learn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mothergoose729

04-17-2012

I have been playing yi a lot and people tell me he is garbage if I play anyone who is any good. This leaves, as my only viable character that I am any good at, annie. So I am thinking about buying another AD junglar and trying to figure them out. Which one is the best?

I am thinking probably udyr or lee sin, and I am leaning towards udyr because he is a lot cheaper. But if lee sin is worth it I will pony up the 6300 IP for him. Mundo looks pretty attractice too. I generally like characters that can farm really well though and do a lot of damage, so he might not be a good fit for me because he is more of an AP tank (but I suck so what do I know). Thoughts and opinions?

Mahyar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Udyr is balanced

JxC

04-17-2012

udyr is a really safe and balanced jungler. he is best at nothing but good at everything.

Cenerae

04-18-2012

Mundo's not an AP tank. He has one AP scaling skill. He's a tanky dps. So is Lee and Udyr.

Anyway to the question - Udyr is a solid champ. He can both lane and jungle effectively. In the jungle he is one of the fastest jungle clearers (assumming you're using Phoenix stance like you should be), maintains good health through Turtle Stance, and can gank well due to his stun. He can also deal heavy damage to enemy junglers if they invade him so most people don't risk looking for him in his own turf.

Yi's a decent enough jungler, but the differences between him and Udyr in the jungle are like the differences between night and day.

Sokolniki

04-18-2012

Udyr and Lee are probably the two Junglers you'll most want to learn how to play, but you'll also want to learn Shyvana eventually as well since it's not too uncommon for a team to ban one of the aforementioned champs and first pick the other. While Shaco is banned quite frequently since his antics can be quite toxic to the standard meta, learning how to jungle as him can be beneficial for those rare occasions where he doesn't get auto-banned.

Snaketeeth01

04-18-2012

Maybe you just need to be a bit better with yi?

For a long time i have mained yi and found alot of attractive qualities to him.
of all the champions i was playing he was the one that really stuck out as fast.

I used to start my jungle route with a dagger. I woukd start blue, clear a route, go back to buy zerkers, grab red and gank bot lane.
at this point in the game you would be the only one with tier 2 boots, and a slow on hit effect.
i woukd grab vamp for sustain, and zeal for more move and attack speed.
Now im onto wriggles and a completely different build.

You have to think about how yi ganks, he has a gap closer which aside from maoki tryn, or sin, i cant think of many that do. You just have to learn how to use it properly.
i ran into the problem where i would leap onto my target and start hacking away. But with flash, and all the mobility champs have nowadays, i have learned to charge headfirst at them, and leap after they use their leaps. But still this is one 1 closer. So wasting your time with failed ganks is a huge waste of time.
which is why i went boots and zeal first, to have that early speed most champs dont, and to keep an edge up.

Yi is a champ you do not need to build ad in the early game. Wuju style gives him enough ad you can afford to buy crit chance, speed, maybe a bit tanky. And then buy bigger items after a few kills.
Yi can bd in the mid late game if needed. And if your early jungle game and ganks go bad, you can get into a hybrid ap yi.
this nakes your w good really fast and turns you into another offtank for your team.
q's dmg is 1:1 ratio, so an itrm like rageblade is a cheap way to boost As to proc for of your passive, ap to scale two skills, and Ad.

I love yis versatility and capability. Dont put him down yet, just work at it.

KrystalSundancer

04-18-2012

I believe Udyr is the best one to start with, if you want to learn Skill Shots with strong ganks get Lee Sin after.

Amoc

04-18-2012

If you're newer to the game, I might actually suggest Maokai. At low elo's your team often won't even have a tank. Maokai is an epic ganker and is a brilliant tank, so you cover both jungle and tank at the same time which are both roles that noobs don't want to play for some reason.

Sir Funkalicious

04-18-2012

I'm surprised nobody's suggested Nocturne. Granted I'm new here as well and know very little but I chose Noct to help learn jungling and have been having a blast with him. Great chase, nice little fear for CC, and a great ult for ganking. His AoE passive is also great for keeping up on health while jungling and doing AoE damage.

Since I don't have much experience for comparison, how do you guys think Nocturne stacks up to these other heroes you're suggesting?

Aikimiller

04-18-2012

I'll offer another perspective.

You know how to play Jungle Yi, and Annie- therefore you have a Mid, and a DPS jungler. Based on the fact that it's a good idea to branch out, I'll suggest...

Maoki- He's a full on tank, with extremely good jungle ganks. He also has the benefit of being able to play anywhere to decent effect. He is expensive though.

And one not previously mentioned.

Shen.

He's very strong solo top, and a strong, if not top tier jungler. He is also an extremely good champion to master- as mastering his Ult teaches you map awareness. He's only 3150 IP, so not too expensive. He's pretty forgiving, easy to learn, and a strong champ to have up your sleeve.