Additional Rune Pages Available for Purchase!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tehgamedude

08-10-2010

So you have to buy it?

no.

FlashLlama

08-10-2010

6300? Hey, today is not the 1st, April.

Crolda

08-10-2010

My god are they expensive. I was hoping for a few rune pages so that I could play characters with niche rune set ups more often, but at 6300 I'll never afford them all. I can't play enough to get very many.

Besides standard DPS runes and caster runes (which are subjective, but everyone has some idea of what they like on MOST of those character), there are a few pages that I would like for individual characters. In ranked games, I can't even play Akali half the time because I don't have a good rune page for her. I don't have crit runes for Mundo/Trynd, I don't have armor runes for Rammus, etc.

If having the ability to specialize pages for many more characters isn't power, I don't know what is.

Cyrenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admonished View Post
Hoping for customized masteries to soon follow.
Are we going to have to pay for additional mastery pages too?

yakbutter

08-10-2010

what about mastery presets so we dont have to try and redo our masteries in select screen..

Zealot012

08-10-2010

This is the last time I'm going to let Riot disappoint me.

I sincerely think it is time to move on to other F2P games that don't sell power and actually mean it.

Think of it like this. You can spend 2,600 RP or 44,000 IP for the same results. That gap is freaking ridiculous.

I've probably spent upwards of 30,000 IP on runes alone, and then you expect me to buy rune pages? All I can say is **** that.

Hahke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot012 View Post
This is the last time I'm going to let Riot disappoint me.

I sincerely think it is time to move on to other F2P games that don't sell power and actually mean it.

Think of it like this. You can spend 2,600 RP or 44,000 IP for the same results. That gap is freaking ridiculous.
If it were any lower, everyone could easily have 7 rune pages in a matter of days. (possibly weeks if your playtime is really THAT constrained.)

Zealot012

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahke View Post
If it were any lower, everyone could easily have 7 rune pages in a matter of days. (possibly weeks if your playtime is really THAT constrained.)
God forbid players have a key feature that should have been implemented with the release of the game!

spielkind

08-10-2010

inb4closed

OrangeCommander

08-10-2010

Honestly, what really bugs me about this, is that according to riot the supposed reason we didn't have extra rune pages was that they were complicated.

What it really appears to be, is they were calculating the demand, and basing their asking price on that demand. Understandable from a business point of view, but disgustingly sneaky. People appreciate honesty.

And with 3 clearly different types of heroes, 3 rune pages should be the standard, not 2.