Alistar's triumphant roar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UltraKill

10-24-2009

I love playing as alistar and find him to be an awesome hero, however, triumphant roar is practically useless.

First of all usually with alistar you useually take his 2 disruption moves first, so most people won't take triumphant roar till mid to late game. By that time, most players have so much HP the 150 hp roar restores is barely enough to make a dent.

Secondly, the AOE is so tiny your allies would have to be standing nearly right next to you in order to be healed. This is rarely the case.

Thirdly, Alistar is a comber much like Tiny in DotA, so this move doesn't really synergize with the rest of his moves. I understand that in LoL most of the heros are more versatile than DotA, but triumphant roar doesn't really help alistar or his teammates.

My suggestion would be to either replace the move with a +attack damage shout (or other stat like armor), with enough range to resonably hit your team. If the dev team/community wants to keep roar, than I think the range should be increased and heal should be a percentage of health since it is primarily a late game skill.

Lawlerkats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2009

Personally, I play Allistar as a tower wrecker and pusher, usually only getting one level in each of his disruption skills and then maxing out roar. It's aoe is perfectly fine, practically covering an entire wave. The incredible thing about is that when a nearby creep dies, it's cd decreases by like four seconds. When the original cd is only some 11 seconds, then that means in a team push you could be spamming that little heal like no tomorrow. Definitely not as horrible a skill as you think it is.

HereticalSaint

10-24-2009

He isn't meant to be primarily a dps hero. He's a mad support/pusher and the skills he has work extremely well to accommodate that. If you made his heal have a larger radius and heal for a percentage he'd be extremely overpowered.

trailgaze

10-24-2009

I love alistar and his moves are just fine. If your nmot getting at least lvl 1 triumphant roar by level 3 your not playing alistar right. I don't tend to go farther than that untill later, but for pushing early game it will keep your laning buddy and yourself up and farming. End game, minions deal about 5 damage a hit and super minions only 40 to me, the 150 heal up end game, makes tanking even easier, and when you consider every two minions that die, thats another 150 health you heal. It also makes tower diving even more than a joke than it already is as alistar. Depending on your item build(im assuming possible rod of ages) the bonus AP makes it all the more better.

Shillen

10-24-2009

You level up headbutt before triumphant roar? IMO, triumphant roar is Alistar's best skill and I wouldn't even play him if he didn't have it. Rank 1 headbutt is plenty. Upgrading it just makes it do a little more damage and cost a little more mana. It does little damage anyway, so there's no point to level it up, really.

trailgaze

10-24-2009

I do lvl up headbutt over triumphant roar, but thats mainly because if i play alistar i am in a pre-made with a laning set up that we just farm who were laning against, though in the case that were getting screwed hard, i would go triumphant roar over headbutt.

Aknar

10-24-2009

in teamfights i don't think 150 hp every 2 seconds (if you have enough mana) is so useless,and besides that,if you think that his roar is weak you could post some ways to improve it,after all is easier for riot guyz to know what we would like to see than just saying we don't like it every time they change something

EDIT:sorry haven't read the post till the end,ignore the "ways so improve" part
EDTI2:agreed with a percent of hp heal,something about 2.5-4% of max hp would be nice