Easy [Codeless] Heimerdinger Fix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pathway

10-24-2009

I suggest you make his turrets incredibly easy to kill and give them a short cooldown/low mana cost. This way Heimerdinger can drop turrets around as a sort of "damage over time spell" that scales with how many he can create. This way Heimerdinger doesn't have to play so defensively, he can fight like other heros because he isn't so invested in his turrets from using up so much time and mana. This also placates people who say the turrets are annoying and extend the game length. Anyone will be able to mow the turrets over, they will mostly be used to push a lane via killing minions. As a bonus, people will be able to play him defensively/offensively this way; it opens up a lot of possiblities. Then make his ultimate have an incredibly long cool down/high mana cost and give those turrets high stats. This way he can set up useful traps/hero deterants. The nicest part about this fix is that it requires very little code change, just a few number swaps. It also nicely differentiates between his turret spell and ultimate in a way that makes him useful throughout the game =)

Schn

10-24-2009

The change suggestion itself isn't abysmally terrible but the attempted reasoning doesn't make any sense.

Aknar

10-24-2009

something like 50 hp,10 manacost and 5 seconds cd sounds very balanced to me.Totally agreed

Aeonus

10-24-2009

sounds reasonable to me
I'll agree if the turrets also are not Ultra Deadly til they get Tri Upgrades
Red = Ultra Deadly, Fast with Heavy Splash dmg
Green = Just Fast Low dmg
Yellow = Slow Low Dmg

Pathway

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonus View Post
sounds reasonable to me
I'll agree if the turrets also are not Ultra Deadly til they get Tri Upgrades
Red = Ultra Deadly, Fast with Heavy Splash dmg
Green = Just Fast Low dmg
Yellow = Slow Low Dmg
This is more or less what I envisioned. The yellow turrets would be very expendable and only dangerous to minions; the green would be much better at killing minions but would have to be protected by heim until they get updraged to red; the red turrets would be quite deadly.

Scathain

10-24-2009

this isnt a codeless change, you would have to make changes to the code to implement this change.

Kingreaper

10-24-2009

Changing a few numbers is not generally considered coding.

The problem is, at present the evolution function is only useful if you keep them alive.

If the turrets "evolved" overall, rather than as individuals, the issue would be pretty much solved, because just-dropped turrets would be as good as old turrets on the same level of upgrade.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-24-2009

Wouldn't this just make them even worse? Instead of being a turret farm that's easy to kill and can't protect anything, they'd be mini-turrets that don't do any damage and get killed by residual splash damage from fighting.

Pathway

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
Wouldn't this just make them even worse? Instead of being a turret farm that's easy to kill and can't protect anything, they'd be mini-turrets that don't do any damage and get killed by residual splash damage from fighting.
I don't think so. The turret creation spell's purpose would simply shift from a defensive-fortification spell to a damage over time spell. Their purpose would be to kill minions; being easily killed via splash damage is exactly what we want to be possible. The spell should have low cooldown, low mana cost, and produce turrets that a player isn't overally invested in. The Upgrade turret spell would then turn these weak turrets into permanent turrets for defensive purposes. The fully upgraded turrets would ideally be very difficult to kill and 4-6 should do damage equivalent to other hero's ultimates over a reasonable period of time.

sick dogg

10-25-2009

erase green turrets, make red turrets more badass, increase ultimate manacost and cooldown, turrets explode upon death dealing magical damage (+ap scaling). Now that's a champ I would play