Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stillwin

04-17-2012

who is the most effective counterpick when the enemy team puts jax bot lane? what are ideal stats to prioritize when building against him? how do you actually fight him?

i have absolutely no idea what to do against him so anything that helps is well received!

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

I would counter him with Udyr or urgot.

Most champions want to just focus on killing Jax before his damage ramps up.
Frozen heart is a strong item against Jax (and should be build on any champion who likes mana and cdr)

SHOE788

04-17-2012

Singed beats him pretty well.

Phourc

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
I would counter him with Udyr or urgot.
I would not reccomend autoattackers, especially of the melee variety.

Why? Because Jax has a 2-second melee invulnerability followed by a 1-second stun. Jax is a pretty standard bruiser with a little higher than average burst, giving up the first three seconds of the fight against him isn't a particularly good plan.

Jax's hardest matchups would involve burst + cc or kiting, if I knew he was playing bot (and I don't reccomend it) I'd probably go Singed. With a Rylais and some armor (FH or Randuins for the anti-AA effects) you can run around and pee on him all day without him being able to do much back xP

Edit: Shen'd ):

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Mainly Urgot, your passive helps a lot with his damage output even if part from said damage output is magic damage, and even if he has leapstrike if you are able to do a E+W+Q combo you'll be basically abe to kite him all day long; supressing him right when he leapstrikes into the fight or when he activates his dodge thingy can lead to good results, specialy if you've got some teammates that can insta burst him before the swap and or clean him after the swap. Also if you don't dig the crab you could also purchase a FH.
ps: is it you'll basically be or you'll be basically? **** i knew i should have taken the grammar courses!!.

A12MO12

04-17-2012

did someone say singed counters jax :S
if jax builds trinity and hextech you wait for singed to fling then jump on him hit him with the hextech slow and he gets murdered. I`ve done this quite a few times, the build was trinity, hextech, situational armor like thornmail for AD or Odyn`s veil for AP.

Thats what i do as jax anyway

An effective counter to him is ganks, you do not want to 1 v 1 him. Fiora does well against him only with ult if she doesnt have it up it generally ends in jax killing her.

IIxeenoxII

04-17-2012

Lately I've done well against jax with Nasus and surprisingly Brand.

As Nasus I start with ninja tabi early or dorans shield + boots, focus on farming Q (siphoning strike), zone him with E (spirit fire) (great when dueling also as it reduces armor) build randuins or frozen heart. For damage build trinity, gunblade or sanguines. I like to build Spirit visage for additional CDR, MR, life steal/HP regen and hp. I run from him when he dodges and stuns. If I engage I make sure he is constantly slowed by W, while my E decreases his armor. I run armor pen runes, hp per lvl seals, MR glyphs, x2 Move speed quints and x1 Life steal quint. Late game I am at roughly 40% life steal and Q hits like a truck with sheen process.

As brand I run x2MS quints again, 1 CDR per lvl quint, CDR per lvl glyphs, HP per lvl seals. For masteries I also focus on CDR. The key is to keep him at a distance (obviously). I like to take prospector's ring to start and boots, rush rylais right after, from here it's situational. Blast him with pillar of flame when he tries to farm or push minions, hit conflagation and stun when he tries to get near me. Rinse, repeat, you should be able to push the minions much better than him, just keep your distance and be mindful of ganks.

urmamasllama

04-17-2012

maokai does decent vs him

Shaxtenn

04-17-2012

I had a game as on-hit Lulu where I managed to do extremely well against a decent Jax after I'd built a few items. I didn't have any proper 1v1s against him, both of us starting from full health with all cooldowns up, though. I'm not sure if she does well against him or not. Might be worth investigating.

BigDaddyRelish

04-18-2012

Viktor wipes the floor with Jax.

He can't handle Death Ray harass and will take minion aggro if he tries to keep the creep line pushed if you max it first. The only way he can damage you is if he runs up to you to dash, and Gravity Field is very effective at making sure you win trades, and if you go Augment Power he can't touch you.

Kiting with Chaos Storm on is obscenely good vs Jax. If he gets an early Gunblade kiting becomes a lot harder though, but if you see him getting it get a Rylais to go with your Augment Power and you can still escape him.

I run Viktor bot quite a lot and it's been working well. AP Malzahar also crushes Jax because Call of the Void one shots creep waves with some ap, and when played right you will one shot Jax whenever your ult is up. If he buys a QSS though it can get tricky, but I got all the way up to 2150 before Jabebot got axed and people still weren't buying it very often vs him.