Hecarim Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nayorks

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post

Akali
  • Base armor increased to 20 from 17
  • Base health increased to 530 from 510
  • Fixed a bug where Shadow Dance's recharge time wouldn't update with new ranks or cooldown reduction until reaching full ammo charges (3)
  • Fixed a bug where Twilight Shroud was not applying assists properly
20 health and 3 armor will not make her viable on competitive play.

Firstly, I KNOW she's a pubstomper, that is a fact, that's what causes all the QQ, but when you look at high elo and championships, there are no Akalis to be seen.

As my favorite champion, I was really frustrated that she got 2 directs nerfs (GB and her skills, although I don't even use GB, It's expensive and possible to survive without it if you know what you're doing) and almost every patch to come after this she got nerfed indirectly (mostly by nerfing items that were common on her and a few champion changes that made her life harder).

So, i guess when Riot saw that Akali is on trash tier on championships (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VmtJcmc&gid=13), they decided to give her a small buff, so yeah, I'm sad to say, this will cause QQ no matter how little the buff is, and it'll not make her viable anyway, she's stuck in this "can't be buffed but needs to" situation.

At least that bug fix with her shroud will help, because when I was trying to master her, I saw somewhere saying it was supposed to give her assists, but never gave.

Anyway, if you decide to try to change her to get out of this situation, just don't mess with her ranges; akali without her big jumps is not akali. You could change her W to give her some strong defensive , but take out her stealth (but don't take away her juke, just change it), a direct defensive/CC will affect pros and newbies much more alike than stealth does, pros just have no problems with it and newbies have no idea how to counter it.

Septillion

Recruiter

04-17-2012

THANK GOODNESS. Finally. Instabuying Hecarim for sure!

Saotru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL OOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLO

Nice job Riot =] with all those improvements on the game, not just on random champions that people don't even use on ranked, i feel like i should play LoL again, rather than Dota, and even Avalon Heroes.
Nice job.

oWatchdog

04-17-2012

Why nerf what makes Janna cool, good, and fun to play, but not what is broken about her: the global passive?

Prince Skyfire

04-17-2012

Good the "witch hunt" of champion nerfs seems to be over!

jaden911

04-17-2012

yay jax and akali are OP again better nerf irelia

CreepySlime

04-17-2012

A Janna buff, thank you Riot!!!

wd40

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

lol another irelia nerf :>

Paradoliak

04-17-2012

Wit's End cost change makes me sad... It's already kind of annoying building it as a jungler, with the 1050 component cost.

appledoglol

04-17-2012

WHY NERF blacksmith Doran's forged items. Theyre freaken trademark items >:[
Mind as well cut WuKong's staff in half...