Team Composition?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deals Master

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

I am not terribly familiar with the 3v3 game and am curious to know what type of a team composition works best/better in Twisted Treeline. For example, ad carry, ap carry, and support.
Thanks,
Deals Master

Epic Hammerdin

04-17-2012

I've seen support (mainly lulu) and 2 bruisers work great.
or 3 bruisers
or 2 tanky melee and an ad/ap carry

or a support, a tank, and a squishy ap/ad

good job chimpy

Recruiter

04-17-2012

i would say you could do an ap carry(annie for ex.), ad carry(vayne ex.), off support tank like taric/mundo/leona/ali/another tank champion, just be sure to let that champion farm a bit, 0cs is a bad thing here.

Sam

04-17-2012

I recommend having a jungler

Altorr

04-17-2012

while tier lists can be bad for making you un creative I will link a good tier list for you. essentially you are looking for champions who have some or all of these attributes: bulky, sustain, aoe damage, cc, great jungling, fast creep clearing, fast tower killing, great ganking. the main phases of fighting in 3v3 is some early laning where ganking is super important and controlling the top jungle and dragon is equally important. after that its a mess of 3v3 aoe combat all in a tight spot. if you can start lots of 3v2 or 3v1 then eventually you just win. if its 3v3 the team with a single high dps and squishy champion usually loses unless that person can kite and run the whole time. generally being tanky enough to take some hits and having lots of CC and AOE is the way to go for 3s fighting.

here is a link to a fairly good tier list, remember that in the end play whatever you like and what works for you .

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1568877

Wall of Jerico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-17-2012

Having 2 tanky dps and one carry (ap or ad) with sustain or escapes. The sustain and escape parts are important.

Deals Master

04-17-2012

I appreciate all the input but thought Altorr's response provided a great description of what makes a good champion, one who is flexible, somewhat tanky, and offers some cc+aoe. Im thinking somebody like an ali perhaps based this description.
Does that seem about right?
From what I understand, a good team composition would include 3 of these kinds of champions.
If so, what might be an ideal example for top, bottom lane and/or jungle?

lirm

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
I recommend having a jungler
This platinum ranked player gets down votes, even though his suggestion is what the majority of the high elo 3's players all say to do?

Must still be Rookie Tuesday on the American side of the timeline.

edit - a good team comp is to have one main tank, one bruiser dps (who cleans out jungles like there's no tomorrow) and one hyper carry. Either the bruiser dps or hyper carry can be ap/ad, as long as one is one and the other the other.

Hyper carry stays top, so jungler has easier access to them incase of ganks. Then again, after the first three kills the teams generally band togethor and roam in threes anyway.

Lertan

04-18-2012

If you have a good CC tank, you can get away with having two squishier DPS champs. However, tanky dps seems to be the flavour at the moment, with one strong jungler.

Also, mobility is VERY important in TT - champs that can get from bottom lane to top to gank in under 5 seconds are lethal. Shaco, trynd, lee sin and others with a dash that can go through walls. Especially with dragon being adjacent to top lane.

Also, it's worthing noting that you should avoid popping inhibs until you either need to pressure the team so you can take dragon, or until you feel you can make the push for the nexus. It's too easy to turtle in your base and farm, especially if they have pulls/flings/taunts.

Deals Master

04-19-2012

Those sound like good team compositions to me at this point. Time to try them out!
Thanks for the help =)
-Deals Master