[Mech]Questions about Kog and Madred

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdenozinTriFosfa

04-17-2012

Bio-Arcane Barrage

For 8 seconds, Kog'Maw's autoattacks gain range and deal additional magic damage which is equal to a percentage of the target's max health. The damage caps at 100 against minions and monsters.
This percentage is (2,3,4,5,6)% of target's maximum health points.

Madred's Bloodrazor
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks deal bonus magic damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum health (maximum 120 versus monsters).

Questions:
1. Does any of this percentage based damage get reduced by armor or magic resistance?
2. Do both of these effects stack together meaning that you will be dealing at least 10% of the target's maximum hp by each hit, when Barrage is level 5?
3. Assuming that they stack together, does this mean that if the target has 0 hp regeneration and doesn't receive any heal, that you will kill him in <=10 hits?

TheNavs

04-17-2012

I play Kog a lot, so:

1. Yes, MR will protect from both of these kinds of damage. Which is why you need that Malady to shred it.
2. Yes. Yes it does. This is why a farmed/fed late-game Kog is to be feared and respected.
3. Yes. Although it depends on their armor to your base physical attack, their MR, and other items/buffs/debuffs etc. I'm not sure if a Banshee's will stop the first hit from a Bloodrazor. But by the time you have a Bloodrazor, you should also have maxed your AS at 2.5, so you should be able to take out anyone in ~3 seconds of uninterrupted spitting.

AdenozinTriFosfa

04-17-2012

Can anyone confirm this? I really want to know. About the first question, let's create a scenario.

-Kog'Maw has 200 damage from B.F Sword, Pickaxe and Bloodrazor + lvl 5 barrage.
-He is attacking a target with 150 Magic Resistance(60% reduction if I am not mistaken) and 66 armor(40% reduction if I am not mistaken). How much damage will he be doing on hit, when the Bio-Arcane Barrage is on.
If possible can you type it simply so that I can understand what amount of damage comes from base damage and which from percentage-based abilities.
If someone could do that or give me some tips on how to calculate I would be very grateful. Ty for your response TheNavs, it helped me a lot

L0rd Greybeard

04-17-2012

Honestly if you just buy malady first for the cheap early game item then immediately get bloodrazors there magic resist if you use caustic spittle unless there like Rammus will be in the - magic resist zone.

Im not sure what exactly happens to your magic damage or what if you have like say if the enemy has -13 magic resist. can you only take so much ? or like do you do extra dmg?

corallein

04-17-2012

Auto-attacks are physical.
On-hit effects like BAB and Bloodrazor are not auto-attacks, but are applied by them.

Calculate them separately; stop mixing raw physical and magic damage numbers together.
And the wiki is your friend: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com

AdenozinTriFosfa

04-17-2012

Hmm, I guess MR reduces the percentage based damage since it says it is magical. Will try to empirically test that. I use the wiki quite often, but sometimes it is rather confusing and disorganised. Thank you for quick replies anyways.