Amor/MR items in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tesrac Livesbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Why is it so many people refuse to build any? If the enemy team has 4-5 AD or AP champions it is a very sound strategy to build defenses against that type, but game after game no one bothers, why?

Redenbacher

04-17-2012

New and/or ignorant player mentality that more damage is better then defense. They haven't figured out yet that when you're dead, your damage per second is a whopping zero.

Psi21

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesrac Livesbane View Post
Why is it so many people refuse to build any? If the enemy team has 4-5 AD or AP champions it is a very sound strategy to build defenses against that type, but game after game no one bothers, why?
I don't know, I think the real problem is those champs that only need mediocre amounts of MR/Armor because they already have means of dealing with the damage.

Take the top tier in dominion...
Kassadin with is 15% reductions in magic damage + escape
Warwick with high life return and mobility while only one person is low life around him.
Urgot who has a damage shield and defense increasing ult
Poppy with Paragon defensive increase and damage increasing/simi-immunity ult
Rammus with ball curl acting both as defense and damage + powerball mobility
Yorick with life return and passive Unholy Covenant for damage and damage reduction.
†Riven who can build AD and still increase the effectiveness of her damage shield

You see the problem isn't just addressing the concerns about MR/Armor but those champs that resided in the top tier that get better damage mitigation and then decide to maybe only dip slightly into MR/Armor. OR get that much better when they do get MR/Armor.

I personally would like to see better Magic Penetration Itemization.

1. How long has the Haunting Guise been talked about and it still doesn't build into anything more.

2. What caster items do you know that has both Magic Penetration and CDR (***extremely important stats for casters.)? (at least AD have Ghostblade and brutalizer).

3. Does Armor/MR really need to reduce as much as the damage it already does?
http://i51.tinypic.com/25i9d7t.png

4. If this game is in fact built with DOTA in mind why did they deviate from the fast damaging and sudden kill potential in that game to a tankie dps stand/now meta?

5. Why does Odin's Viel have to provide MR and 10% magic reduction + offer a nuke to the user. It seems like a great item for tankie dps.
***Meanwhile casters cash is going into balancing in magic penetration, CDR and AP items. (unless your Ryze)

This game really isn't friendly to AP casters.

After all Riot just realized that MR runes were better than Magic penetration/AP from last patch and are *Sightly buffing penetration runes while Sightly nerfing static MR runes*.

And don't even get me started on the change from 15% to 10% Magic Penetration reduction in Offensive Mastery Tree.