Dominion Score?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schwaggz

04-17-2012

The score system does need serious tweaks. I've seen entire games decided by the excellent decision making and constant CC of a tank/initiator only for them to get last place by a large margin. That tank is never me, though, because I want a good personal score. I pick Twitch and Ziggs constantly so i can sit back, mouthbreathe, and right-click/keyboard mash my way to 1st place.

The current system is an anti-incentive to pick champs that don't deal much damage. It anti-incentivises leaving a point for 1 person to cap as well, something that often makes sense.

Not that it isn't an ingenious system, it is. I just don't like seeing that badass Alistar/Jarvin/Bitz in last place while 15-16-4 Akali plays like an idiot and gets 3rd.

Master Baíter

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwaggz View Post
The score system does need serious tweaks. I've seen entire games decided by the excellent decision making and constant CC of a tank/initiator only for them to get last place by a large margin. That tank is never me, though, because I want a good personal score. I pick Twitch and Ziggs constantly so i can sit back, mouthbreathe, and right-click/keyboard mash my way to 1st place.

The current system is an anti-incentive to pick champs that don't deal much damage. It anti-incentivises leaving a point for 1 person to cap as well, something that often makes sense.

Not that it isn't an ingenious system, it is. I just don't like seeing that badass Alistar/Jarvin/Bitz in last place while 15-16-4 Akali plays like an idiot and gets 3rd.
But those of us that don't care about the end "score" and care about playing well and helping our team win, could care less about thatterribad Akali.

Genericke

04-17-2012

You'll get to a point in dominion where your wins typically have you in 4th or 5th, and your loses in 1st.