Really wondering about this...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeGeneralLee

05-26-2012

I'm actually quite surprised that they said those things to you... For me, the first thing that comes to my mind if there's a girl on my team would be, ' nice. a girl that plays the same game as i am. impressed actually. cool chick. must be hot '

Well, but that's just me I guess...

Ofermod

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGeneralLee View Post
I'm actually quite surprised that they said those things to you... For me, the first thing that comes to my mind if there's a girl on my team would be, ' nice. a girl that plays the same game as i am. impressed actually. cool chick. must be hot '

Well, but that's just me I guess...
Clearly you've never looked through Tribunal cases if you still have enough faith in humanity in general and this playerbase in specific to still be surprised that people in this game act that way... it's sad, but there's far too few people like you out there. At least, far too few vocal people out there like you.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

What's a woman?

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofermod View Post
Heh. I've had to wind up doing things like Support Singed or Support Renekton when someone else decides to pick a solo top after I've already done so.
Yeah, sometimes I get support cait or twitch. All they do is auto attack...

Axiom Prime

05-26-2012

The moment you respond to them is the moment they get what they need to take off. Just dont bother, I've had plenty of people say things that offended me, anti military statements, anti christian statements, all kinds of things. I never brought the stuff up, it was just something I guess they dropped into chat to see if they could get a rise out of someone. /ignore and move on.

Also the biggest mistake you can make as a male...is to assume every female gamer is hot. 2/10 are actually hot, the rest are like the rest of us...Average or Subpar. And you will almost never run into the Hot ones. The best thing you can do is look at every female gamer you run into the same way you do males, just assume they're 30 and living in mom's basement until proven otherwise.

Ofermod

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIrelia View Post
Yeah, sometimes I get support cait or twitch. All they do is auto attack...
Well, if they can properly harass/zone the enemy, it isn't that bad (since Twitch has stealth and forces them to buy purple wards, while Cait has crazy range and some utility from traps). Granted, they're not much use late game without farm...

Dragoon Feld

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDarkArrow View Post
This is just something that really bothers me and makes me wonder what's the problem.

I'm a girl. And yes, I play LoL. I have good games, I have not so good ones. I'm level 30. And yes, I want to compete later on if possible.

Thing is, I'm really annoyed by some comments that are often made in chat logs on the games I'm in. Stuff like "Oh you're a girl? That explains why you suck so much" or "A girl? Playing this? Really? Get back to the kitchen or go play with dolls". And then there's almost always a teammate that says to another "Wow you suck, you play like a girl", followed by me saying "Excuse me, I'm a girl, I have a good score and your comment was offensive" and the guy replying with so not nice words.

I mean really, what's the problem about me being a girl and like playing online games? Just really makes no sense at all.

shoot me a in game invite. ill be 30 before long. I understand what your getting at here. Ive been picking up people as ive been leveling that understand the core mechanics and just have fun while playing. we eventually do want to move to competition . but first and foremost we want to enjoy the game and have fun.

PrincessIrelia

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofermod View Post
Well, if they can properly harass/zone the enemy, it isn't that bad (since Twitch has stealth and forces them to buy purple wards, while Cait has crazy range and some utility from traps). Granted, they're not much use late game without farm...
Well we won't have wards early game, and then we're splitting the gold, so the ranged ad always has some expensive item way before us, and better lane sustain. Then we just feed from ganks.

Ofermod

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIrelia View Post
Well we won't have wards early game, and then we're splitting the gold, so the ranged ad always has some expensive item way before us, and better lane sustain. Then we just feed from ganks.
When I go unorthodox support, I play it like a zero CS support anyway, buying wards and not last-hitting unless the carry goes back. Although I do tend to start roaming a bit when I can to make up for it, I've found.

Yuekii

05-26-2012

Well... The fact that you're obviously stating you're a girl because you want some kind of special treatment is wrong. Now you're wanting even more attention by posting this on the forums. Don't mention your gender in games and you won't be hearing those comments. Yes there are great gamers that are female and dominate but they don't go rub it in their face that they got beaten by a girl.