Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Really wondering about this...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Caitlyn

04-16-2012

This is just something that really bothers me and makes me wonder what's the problem.

I'm a girl. And yes, I play LoL. I have good games, I have not so good ones. I'm level 30. And yes, I want to compete later on if possible.

Thing is, I'm really annoyed by some comments that are often made in chat logs on the games I'm in. Stuff like "Oh you're a girl? That explains why you suck so much" or "A girl? Playing this? Really? Get back to the kitchen or go play with dolls". And then there's almost always a teammate that says to another "Wow you suck, you play like a girl", followed by me saying "Excuse me, I'm a girl, I have a good score and your comment was offensive" and the guy replying with so not nice words.

I mean really, what's the problem about me being a girl and like playing online games? Just really makes no sense at all.

The Blu Equine

04-16-2012

they're just trolls, don't feed them and they're not a problem. best tip i can offer: don't disclose the fact you're a girl.

ChunkyBarf

04-16-2012

Quote:
Bluiskelith:
they're just trolls, don't feed them and they're not a problem. best tip i can offer: don't disclose the fact you're a girl.

Don't be offended by them. They just think they're cool by making sexist comments.. Do follow this guy's advice and don't let them know you're a girl. Just for the record, there is nothing wrong with a girl playing, it's just less common and I guess some guys are shocked by being in the presence of a girl. Maybe that's why they're playing video games and not out with a girl hahaha

Anarkee

04-16-2012

There is a mute option for this very reason. As much as you want to try to explain to them their wrong doing them knowing you care gives them fuel. you muting and showing less interest means they have nothing the continue on about and if they do there is a chance the rest of your team gets annoyed as well.

And disclose that you are a girl if you want nothing to be ashamed of and i'm always happy to hear that girls are getting involved in video games. After all if girls can beat the **** out of each other in an MMA ring why can't they play a game on a level playing field.

Best of luck to you and ignoring the trolls/dbags

L0rd Greybeard

04-16-2012

Yeah dont say your a girl just own and be all quiet lol

Beldin Sorcerer

04-16-2012

Most of them are clueless how to talk to women.

If they act that way, just remember that.

Chammorine

04-16-2012

I have no idea why someone would troll a female about being bad at games. This isn't pro sports where testosterone and physical size dominate the game. There's no reason females would be worse at games than any humanoid of the opposite gender.

If I'm going to poke fun at a female, it will more likely be along the lines of "Blasphemy! Everyone knows there's no females on the internets!" And that would be about it. But I think that it is sufficiently obvious when making such a statement that it's facetious.

Edit: I made my self lols, apparently the H part of our H. Sapiens species name is a no-no word on ye forums. Should've known.

pwnerwithdaboner

04-16-2012

what homosapiens the **** will get edited out!?

Edit: only if it is by itself balls thats no fun

Chammorine

04-16-2012

Quote:
pwnerwithda*****:
what homosapiens the **** will get edited out!?

Edit: only if it is by itself balls thats no fun

I didn't think to try it as all one word, considering the proper form is 2 words. So, pretty dumb either way. But I guess the vast majority of conversations on the internet (especially with a community like LoL's) involving the H word in question are not followed by "sapiens".

Haen

Recruiter

04-16-2012

Weird, cause I frequently play with females and even occasionally call them by real name in chat and have yet to really see anything like this. I was hoping that the LoL community was better as a whole. Maybe its just better later on (as in higher ELO?)

I'm not sure, regardless, good luck to you and hope it gets better. Best suggestion I can give is don't even make mention of your gender ever. Yeah, its a shame that you should have to do that to avoid harassment, but its probably your best bet unless you plan on banging your head against the wall trying to change the minds of the ignorant and immature.