Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FPS issues halfway through the game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telamonian Aias

04-16-2012

I have been having problems recently with my FPS in game. The game starts out fine, with 60 fps, and then around the time I reach level ten the framerate drops to about 1 FPS, and then my CPU runs choppy and slow even after I close the game. The system runs poorly until I restart my CPU or put it in sleep mode. It is getting to the point that I don't feel as though I will be able to continue playing LoL unless I can resolve this issue, not to mention my teammates I have been forced to abandon.

Does anyone know why this is happening/how this can be resolved? I have checked the general FPS solution forum but none of those solutions have worked as of yet.

I run the game at High Character Quality, Low Environment and Medium Effects, though changing these have had no effect on performance. I use a Dell Latitude E6400. My graphics card is an nVidia Quadro NVS 160M, a 2.4GHz processor, 4.0 GB of RAM, a 32-Bit Operating System, and I use a Logitech Cooling Pad N100.

Thank you all very much for any sort of advice you can give.

r0achez

01-10-2013

i actually have the same specs as you with the same laptop. i was wondering if you found a solution to your fps dropping because i have the same issue

Party

01-10-2013

Having the same issue here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2988482).

nightmarex98

01-10-2013

mine too

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-11-2013

Couple of potential ideas,

1. Your video card does not quite meet the recommended requirements. Additionally, workstation graphics cards are not optimized for gaming and may see additional performance issues or additional stress while playing games.

2. Given #1 and the fact that you're using a laptop, it possible that overheating could be playing a factor here. You may want to double check your CPU and Video Card temperatures while at load and see where there at.