Comprehensive "Quality of Life" Suggestion List

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

10-30-2012

I would be glad if yxou are willing to add those to your list as well:
- Taric heal grants an assisst even if target has full HP (Yes, happened to me once)

- Smartcast toggle depending on champions

Might add something about the forums later.

SoloAdvocate

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
The reasons for the down votes is because they don't agree with you. The problem with your suggestion is that it promotes negative behavior in Champion select indirectly. If someone knows they can be a jerk and call a lane and the game might not continue then they would always demand a certain role. Next, the ability to kick someone from the game just causes abuse cases where a pre-made team of 4 can kick the random 5th if they don't like him for any reason -- even if that player is doing fine.

The "first time playing Champion" indicator could lead to people harassing that person or intentionally leaving before the game starts knowing the person is new. Also, it might cause people to purposely go a Champion they've never played to get those reactions from people in an attempt to cancel a game.

They are adding tips for players during the loading screen and stuff; it was badly needed especially for newer players. Wish they allowed you to read the pros / cons of each Champion while loading so you could get an idea about what the enemy is using.

Advanced tooltips would be nice, I've added that to my suggestions.

I'd suggest organizing your statements into bullet points and make it clean and easy to read. People will downvote something if they disagree with something and can not quickly see a point that they agree with. Organization in your communication is key! =)
Well... yeah I understand the downvotes mean they don't agree, merely asking for feedback as to why they don't.

-You said, " If someone knows they can be a jerk and call a lane and the game might not continue then they would always demand a certain role."
-I think,"This sounds familiar.... oh wait, its what they do anyways."

I guess you might not have read my post clearly, because thats exactly what I said they do now to try and force you to leave the Champ Select. You leaving or someone leaving is the same as the game not continuing other then you getting punished for what they did.

Me: "...people who are mad because they didn't get the role they wanted due to an auto-locker or someone who called it and says, "I'll just feed." Or the ones who act like trolls or baddies to try to get you to leave."

Then you have to wait 5 minutes just so they can have their role. And even if you don't leave for them a vast majority of them won't leave either and won't try at all to fit the role that is left or that I've offered to trade, then its just an agonizing 20 minutes til surrender. So it's either 5 minute wait (and if you have to a lot it just gets higher) or a 20 minute loss with a possibility of a long game win. The same applies to the First Time Champ, its the same as trolling.

I do agree with you on the First Time Champ harassment, I also said that would be a possibility. I like to think that the majority of people who play LoL are friendly but I run into so many trolls its probably just wishful thinking. I did think about the leaving but then you never really know if it is someones first time anyways, and I've seen people say it in the select screen and no one cared they just gave some useful input.

ME: " I know this could lead to people also trying to force people to pick a champ they have used before..." I didn't need to say all the rest did I? I thought it was implied.

Thanks, I didn't know if you had the advance tooltips or not in your suggestions. Too lazy to read all of it. XD And I know I have terrible organization... lol I try not to. Thanks for the feedback but you didn't really add anything to what I already said, you did make me think more into it possibly being pointless as people would still do the same thing. But I still believe that I'd rather punish the people who are trying to troll and have them wait the 5 minutes then the people trying to play a GG.

Thanks. I hope for more feedback.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

Xeranis Azourael

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Almost all of those are balance changes... this thread is for "Quality of Life" which are almost never numeric. Fairly certain the "cast time" on those skills are intentional. It might be worth considering, but all the number changes are outside the scope of this thread.
I'll concede that the majority of it are balance changes.
I only really wanted to put up the issues with Cast Time, as they have been addressed for both Rengar's [W] & Malzahar's [W] (Battle Roar & Null Zone, respectively).
The only reason I included the balance changes was because I looked at the earlier pages of this thread that showed some of them (as a reference for the QoL changes that are needed), so I thought I might as well toss in the balance change ideas.
You may ignore the balance changes, but the Cast Times for Nautilus' [E] Riptide & Soraka's [Q] Starcall, as well as Naut's Q not having minion collision, are what I'll stand by.

Nautilus' [E] is very similar to Rengar's [W], so being unable to move while casting this gets frustrating, especially if you're trying to slow down an enemy champ that's on the retreat.
As for Soraka, this issue did not exist prior to her graphical facelift & only appeared after the inclusion of a new animation for this particular ability.
I'm not sure if Riot intended this, but as I've explained with Nautilus, this can be the determinate factor in closing a kill on a retreating enemy champ.

And as for Nautilus' [Q] Dredge Line, to not collide with/pull enemy minions (or just minions in general)..
I found it to be a hindrance that Naut's [Q] collides with minions, especially when you're going in for the finish/kill, or even for the initiate.
You're trying to target the enemy champ & a random minion walks right in front of them, and the shot gets blocked.
I realize that the smart-cast function bypasses this issue, but I believe it would just be a lot simpler if [Q] no longer collides with minions. (especially for the players who do not know about the smart-cast function)

Whatever you decide, either way, thank you for taking the time to look through my suggestions. I'll take the Balance Change ideas to a more appropriate thread.

Amorfis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

A full Vladimir remake.
I absolutely love him, he's my main, and I can't bear seeing his abilities and core items being nerfed every so often, while he doesn't get anything back to compensate for his losses.
One could say that, judging from the frequency of the nerfs, his stats increase over time so they need "trimming" from time to time. >_>
A complete remake (while retaining his basic characteristics, e.g. bonus HP for AP, a high damage spammable healing skill, excellent team fight presence and becoming untargetable.)
Evelynn, for one, retained all of her traits while being balanced out. Why Vladimir has to keep getting nerfed, instead of making him balanced once and for all, while still keeping him Vlad?

PS: a visual remake would be awesome, for two reasons: 1) his new sexy art requires a new model. Enough said. :3
2) Especially on his legendary skin, he's got just updated ability animations. While even basic skins on new champs come with unique recall, high MS, critical, capturing animations PLUS many of them (that cost 975 RP) have better particle effects compared to their basic models, than Blood Lord Vlad (costs 1820 RP) has, compared to his basic visuals.

MeanderingBeaver

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanderingBeaver View Post
Fiora - Lunge - Fiora attempts to attack the target she has lunged at. (Currently after a lunge she attempts to attack the target she was last autoattacking)
Fiora - Riposte - Clearer VFX for when Riposte is active.

Sejuani - Frost - Clearer VFX for who is marked by Frost
Sejuani - Permafrost - Clearer VFX for who is hit by Permafrost.

Leblanc - Ethereal Chains - Clearer UI to represent the width of Ethereal Chains (Currently the UI is thinner than the width of the ability

Miss Fortune - Double up - Clearer UI for the range of double up's 2nd attack.
Miss Fortune - Double up - Clearer concept of how a double up's 2nd attack is going to travel
Adding to this~

Sejuani - Model size - Sejuani takes up alot of space, make her physics box just a hair smaller so she does not turn herself completely when trying to move around minions during a chase.

Nautilus - Dredge Line - Clearer UI to represent the length of the anchor's range. (Currently anchor travels farther than the UI would suggest.

Wukong - Crushing Blow - More responsive animation to when the hit occurs. Currently the actual damage dealt by the ability hits a fraction of a second after the animation would suggest it has hit. Resulting in many canceled attacks cause I walk away too soon.

Blaine Tog

11-09-2012

Diana: A counter for her passive.

Krìn

11-11-2012

Diana: A counter for when her passive will reset would be nice.

Irelia: I want her ultimate Transcendent Blades to have a spellcast overlay similar to Corki. The tooltip does not say it is a skillshot, which is really what it is. It is directed toward mouse cursor, so add an overlay for it. It's not something stated at all, and is something you have to learn once used.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-15-2012

Sorry about the delay, been pretty crazy around here with Hurricane Sandy and my father being called away to work for FEMA. That combined with going for last minute ranked games (managed to get Diamond in 3s and Gold in Solo Q and 5s) has really kept me busy the last week or two.

Finally have some time to spend on this list, really clean it up, and fix it in anticipation for the season 3 changes. In the next day or two I'm going to be spending quite a few hours going over every facet of the list: archiving completed changes, removing outdated changes, and adding changes from my backlog.

Remember to keep posting if you have any ideas or suggestions: I do read every single post in this thread. Let's work together to make League of Legends an even better game! =)

Wickian

11-15-2012

My biggest pet peeve that I would love to see done is more open key binding. It drives me crazy that I can't set my summoner spells to D and Shift+D respectively.