Why does everyone hate on Dominion so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tandin

04-17-2012

I think the main problem most people have with dominion is exactly what everyone is complaining about. No one takes dominion seriously and don't want to play it because they want serious play. Dominion is a mode where 5 people can jump into a game with whatever champion they want and just have fun. You don't need to worry about team comp nearly as much, there's no jungling, no laning, etc. it is much more free form. You don't need to have an entire team going for goal A and instead can sit there and have fun, whether by yourself or with friends. I think this frustrates a lot of SR players because they are the kind of people who want to sit there and basically play a pretty version of chess and then brag about how awesome they are. In dominion that doesn't exist. Most players and champs are on even footing, you can't just sit there and blame people when things go wrong and for the most part everyone is actively participating in everything. You getting 20 kills in dominion is no longer such a huge thing when everyone else got 10-15. Dominion is a fast paced game that has a much more relaxed attitude and some people can't stand that. Honestly people not taking it seriously isn't necessarily a bad thing. People taking it less seriously means people relax and you can lay back and have fun, no matter whether you win or lose. People can keep ignoring it, I am going to keep enjoying it and its their loss.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandin View Post
I think the main problem most people have with dominion is exactly what everyone is complaining about. No one takes dominion seriously and don't want to play it because they want serious play. Dominion is a mode where 5 people can jump into a game with whatever champion they want and just have fun. You don't need to worry about team comp nearly as much, there's no jungling, no laning, etc. it is much more free form. You don't need to have an entire team going for goal A and instead can sit there and have fun, whether by yourself or with friends. I think this frustrates a lot of SR players because they are the kind of people who want to sit there and basically play a pretty version of chess and then brag about how awesome they are. In dominion that doesn't exist. Most players and champs are on even footing, you can't just sit there and blame people when things go wrong and for the most part everyone is actively participating in everything. You getting 20 kills in dominion is no longer such a huge thing when everyone else got 10-15. Dominion is a fast paced game that has a much more relaxed attitude and some people can't stand that. Honestly people not taking it seriously isn't necessarily a bad thing. People taking it less seriously means people relax and you can lay back and have fun, no matter whether you win or lose. People can keep ignoring it, I am going to keep enjoying it and its their loss.
Excepting that going by that logic Dominion is actually the pretty version of chess since Summonner's rift has straightforward goals throghout the game with nothing to change it, Dragon, control, Farming and destroying the base a lost turret is a lost turret and a killed draogn already gave the gold, also chess doesn't always snowball out of cotrol, there are baits sacrifices and things that pay, on Sr no sacrifice pays.
If an Sr player would really want a prett yversion of chess they would be playng savage or asking for the ability to rebuild turrets.

Master Baíter

04-17-2012

1) No Ranked. People wanna feel superior, or justified that they are 'better'.
2) It's different. There is no phases, and like someone pointed out, a clear winner early game.
3) Not used to builds. Go into Dominion with a SR mindset on builds generally is bad. But people don't like to read. They just want an easymode build. That is why there are so many terrible late game Xin's.

@ The person that said it snowballs, that is wrong. One of the best Dominion games I played was a comback from 175 - 1 for a win. In Dominion, you can have that. It's about point control over gold for ganks. In SR, you can dominate your lane, but if any other lane feeds, and especially the wrong Champ, it's GG, no matter what you do. Dominion, I feel, is the fairest of the maps.