Why does everyone hate on Dominion so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avias

04-16-2012

I don't understand. Dominion is a fun game mode. I play just as much Dominion as I do Classic. They are two different game modes, on two different maps.
THEY ARE GOING TO BE DIFFERENT.
I have spoken with people that have played less than 5 Dominion games and openly hate on it. I have played 680+ Dominion games to this point. I play Draft Mode every time.
I think Dominion is better than Classic personally. It's faster pace and just more fun. That and the games average in length of 15-25 minutes.

Case and point, don't give up on Dominion. Give it at least 50 games. Then say if you like it or not.

GrignardTS

04-16-2012

It's because the Classic mode natives/lovers feel threatened by it.

They are threatened by change; the worst case scenario being Riot dropping Classic for Dominion.

This will not happen. If anything, the opposite.

So..."Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Xoax

04-16-2012

I just hate the derp teammates. Otherwise its fun. I ignore everything else. Try to win, have fun, and do good :/

Ikarurob

04-16-2012

because people from SR love the fact that a 45 min game was decided 35 min ago?

They love the farm farm farm of SRville?

Riot hates anything not SR?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

is the smae scenario of Dota players Bashing Hon Players who at the same time Bash Sr players, who at the same time Bash Dominion players, most people hate the idea of someone not being in the cattle even if that doesn't affect them in aaanyyy possible way. also they hate the idea of not getting their friends to play what they want; don't know it's just that people enjoy that fake feeling of control over other people and hate when they can't feel it.

Panwar

04-16-2012

Also a lot of the skills that make a person a great SR player(last hitting/warding etc) are useless in Dom. I think SR players feel like their breadth of knowledge and skill in SR should somehow transfer over into Dom and they can remain dominant players. But it doesn't work that way and it's humbling to go to Dom and basically be a noob again. And people don't like to be humbled.

Genericke

04-16-2012

A lot of people are stick stuck on the mentality that you can only win with tanky DPS, that mages are useless, and heim is the only champion to put bottom lane.

Basoosh

04-16-2012

I think a lot stems from the lack of ranked.
No ranked gives off the impression that there's no competitiveness.
No competitiveness makes it seem like we're 4-year olds playing soccer and getting participation medals.
Participation medals prove that America is going to poop and...

...where was I going with this again?

DrSenator

04-16-2012

I feel like its more common for one team to hopelessly snowball down another team in dominion. I don't have enough experience to say for sure yet, but it just feels like that.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSenator View Post
I feel like its more common for one team to hopelessly snowball down another team in dominion. I don't have enough experience to say for sure yet, but it just feels like that.
This fits SR way more then it does Dominion.

Dominion has always been pretty snowball-resistant, if both teams are skilled. Of course, if one team is just outright better than the other, then of course the game would snowball, but this would apply across other maps.