*In Testing* (Taric as/ap) would like input.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WH0NU

04-15-2012

So I always enjoy experimenting new builds that have never been done with champs. I normally play a support role and Taric is one of my favorite. Basically I have been playing around with a build I call as/ap in dominion and was maybe thinking of taking it to summoners rift. Just looking for input here maybe advice or something of the sort. I tried to look on the forums for someone who did it already but could not find anything of recent. Here it goes:

Summoners:
flash/surge

Runes:
basic ap rune setup(dont have it in front of me at the moment)

Masteries:
24/6/0

Items: (currently)
phantom dancer
zerk greaves
nashors tooth

at this point is kinda where im stumped, so i will list the things im testing
wits end
wriggles
malady
zeke's
deathcap
ryal's
hourglass

Again right now im testing in dominion like all do all my experamental builds. I don't actually compete I just think it is a good place to see how a build fits into teamfighting.

Try it out and let me know!!!thanks for the input, i will update this the more i test this build out and most likely end up scrapping it, but its still fun to try lol.

Spiral Shark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

As long as you build slightly offtank, and make sure to cap your CDR you should be fine as ap/as Taric.

To that end, I suggest going 11/0/19 in the talent trees to get the CDR from both the Offense and Utility Trees.

WH0NU

04-15-2012

Do you think this build would be better for jungling or top?

d4l3kcaan

04-15-2012

rule 1 of dps taric - get sheen. taric has one of the highest base ADs in the game. those shatter-sheen hits hurt

IMO, you really need trinity force on dps taric befor anything. besides sheen being awesome, taric is fat, and has a hard to keeping up to people. phage slows and zeal fix that.

or get lichbane sinnce youre going AS/AP

nashors tooth is amazing if you want to abuse AS/CDR for massive heal spam.

you still need some tanky item though, taric is fatty and has terrible mobility, so you will be taking hits.

get merc treads. you can always just buy a dagger if you want that extra AS. merc treads are the best.

on taric i find ghost to be way more effective than flash, being able to run through minnions while chasing is too good.
ignite will almost always net more damage than surge. which is sad. cus surge is so cool ):

sorry ramdom thoughts while waching hockey :$