Skarner or Talon in Dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggleweed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

Hi guys I just saved 6300 IP and I am looking to buy one of the two.. any suggestions? I have seen some really wicked Skarners in dominion, recently one who was dominating bottom lane like crazy.

Any input appreciated

Panwar

04-15-2012

If you are trying to decide which would be the strongest Dom champ to buy Talon would probably be it. AD casters are usually strong on Dom, and Talon is no exception. Especially with stealth and a blink strike. As well being a bursty damage dealer which seems to work better in Dominion(gotta kill them soon because their friends are on the way).

However if Skarner is what you like, I wouldn't let the fact that Talon is probably objectively stronger dissuade you from buying him. Skarner can be a very effective champ in Dom with the caveat that he can be kited(no strong gap-closer).

Both of them are going to take practice to do well with, and in the end you are only going to practice with the champs you enjoy playing.

Jaelerin

04-15-2012

Both are great. However, they are very different types of champions, so I'd decide based on what kinds of champs you like to play. Both can make great bot lane champs as well due to aoe for pushing.

Skarner is a bruiser or fighter (depending on build) and spams skills. Good in team fights due to q spam being aoe and slowing. Early sheen (and eventual trinity) cause him to do so much damage, and his shield's cd is so low with passive that he can win 1v1's you wouldn't expect. I'm still surprised he's not played more. His biggest weakness is getting kited, but if you go bot, you can out push.

Talon is an AD Burst Caster. He is a great assassin which huge amounts of burst damage and good use of his powers allows him to drop enemy squishies extremely quickly and then get away. However, he's an assassin, so he will die if people can actually get good shots in on him. His weakness is tanks that have a lot of armor, so Last Whisper is important.

Both are really good, are you in the mood for a burst caster or fighter?

Wall of Jerico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-15-2012

Personally, I'd go with Talon. His ult can be used 1v1 (in team fights also), whereas Skarner's ult is more oriented towards bringing your opponent back into the team fight.
If you decide to wait on this decision, I've found Fiora to be a good pick.

Risemix

04-15-2012

Skarner is more team fight utility and Talon is more about bursting down squishy targets, similar to SR. They aren't exactly easily comparable.

If you just want raw effectiveness, I'd give the edge to Talon but Skarner is pretty good too (if not a little boring).

Phourc

04-15-2012

Talon's a pain in bottom lane, he's got a silence and a slow, and since most of the bot laners I see are squishy casters, is especially brutal.

Jiggleweed

04-15-2012

Talon it is. thanks for the input