Dominion Lulu build - AP/On-hit hybrid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

This is interesting.

If you look at Kog Maw, he is one of the few champs that can really pull of OnHit. He has 700+ range and vs 2k health foes, adds 120(!) onhit damage. He even gets a 30% AS buff eventually.
Even HE goes AD half the time, and most of the time on SR due to meta.

Kayle can go OnHit and do ok, though she is weaker. 550ish range, and only 60 onhit damage. But at least you get the full 60 by level 9. Mathwise, she seems to do better with actual AD.

Lulu gets up to 96 onHit damage @ 18. She is kind of middle of the road inbetween kayle and kog. She does have slower base AS, and no AS steroid. But at least she has permanent 550 range.

So I can kind of see this working. Nashers Tooth seems like a good fit. I am not sure about the Ring though. The MP5 is kind of wasted and thats 420g of its value. You pay 950 for 500g of health and 600g of AP. Not bad but not amazing.

I would instead grab a component of the Sweeper or Tooth. I would also consider an Aegis of Legion to give you some adequate defense.

Id avoid Malady and take Ionic Spark (health) or Wits End (magic resist) instead to help defensively. Probably ionic spark as that with sweeper, aegis would make you a lot tougher. (though WE is more efficient)

Drubie

04-16-2012

I have played lulu with a similar build with success.

SifuCalvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

Lulu just needs to have Cooldown Reduction on her abilities to turn her into the greatest support on dominion.
This on-hit stuff is nice but Lulu's Pix bolts aren't really going to turn the tide against anybody but an unsuspecting poppy who thinks their passive saves them from everything. While I like the creativity here, I don't think this is the most efficient way to play her. Either full AP, or Tanky support rounding off with AP later is what I have experienced from the strongest lulu players on dominion.

Shaxtenn

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuCalvin View Post
Lulu just needs to have Cooldown Reduction on her abilities to turn her into the greatest support on dominion.
This on-hit stuff is nice but Lulu's Pix bolts aren't really going to turn the tide against anybody but an unsuspecting poppy who thinks their passive saves them from everything. While I like the creativity here, I don't think this is the most efficient way to play her. Either full AP, or Tanky support rounding off with AP later is what I have experienced from the strongest lulu players on dominion.
At level 18, Pix's bolts are adding 111 damage to every autoattack, or about three Wit's Ends worth of damage.

I feel that on-hit/AD hybrid Lulu is her strongest build on Dominion. She simply murders almost anyone (including Poppy, which is nice) after she finishes a couple of items. AP Lulu is a powerful nuker, but her CC comes at the cost of only two damage spells, forcing reliance on DFG and meaning she often can't secure the kill. AP is still a strong build though. Tanky support is not really a build you can compare in terms of "power", since it means you're relying on your team.

Shaxtenn

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvernfist View Post
I appreciate the lengthy reply, however I feel you're missing the goal of this build. You get constant CC from the CDR, and decent damage both from on-hit and spell spam.

Will you try it?
I've played on-hit Lulu quite a bit. I just had a great game with her, building zerker greaves, Malady, Atma's, Wit's End, Cleaver, and finishing with a Warden's Mail to deal with their heavy AD. My runes were jungler ones (I never actually jungle) with AS reds, move speed quints, flat armour yellows, and MR/level blues. My runes were 21/9/0, taking double penetration in offense.

I build different items, but I've never built Nashor's. I suppose I should try it before I dismiss it. I just don't see the theory behind it as valid. Your CC gives you a small edge in duels, similar to AD TF's gold card or AD Kennen's stun, but you aren't there to CC for your team, you're there to kill people with autoattacks, so CDR is unnecessary. AP adds some damage to Glitterlance and Help Pix, yes, but it just seems less optimal to put gold towards AP for this purpose than it is to put it towards more on-hit damage or AD.

I'll give Nashor's a try at some point, but I'm not optimistic.

Kiddalee

04-17-2012

Aren't Malady and Sorcerer's Shoes redundant? You could replace Malady with a Wit's End, or the shoes with tanky boots or Greaves.

Kiddalee

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
I've played on-hit Lulu quite a bit. I just had a great game with her, building zerker greaves, Malady, Atma's, Wit's End, Cleaver, and finishing with a Warden's Mail to deal with their heavy AD. My runes were jungler ones (I never actually jungle) with AS reds, move speed quints, flat armour yellows, and MR/level blues. My runes were 21/9/0, taking double penetration in offense.

I build different items, but I've never built Nashor's. I suppose I should try it before I dismiss it. I just don't see the theory behind it as valid. Your CC gives you a small edge in duels, similar to AD TF's gold card or AD Kennen's stun, but you aren't there to CC for your team, you're there to kill people with autoattacks, so CDR is unnecessary. AP adds some damage to Glitterlance and Help Pix, yes, but it just seems less optimal to put gold towards AP for this purpose than it is to put it towards more on-hit damage or AD.

I'll give Nashor's a try at some point, but I'm not optimistic.
With maxed cooldown, you can polymorph somebody every 4.8 seconds; I've seen that work as a 1v1 tool.

Warrrrax

04-17-2012

Quick math check:

(Innate): Pix fires a barrage of 3 bolts, dealing 3 + (2 level) magic damage each, at whoever Lulu attacks. These bolts are homing but can be blocked by other units.

18x2+3 = 36+3 = 39 x 3 = 117.

2 days ago the wiki had her damage as like 2 damage every other level or somesuch. I had gotten 96 from 18/2 = 9x3 = 27+5 = 32 x 3 bolts = 96.

So assuming the wiki is actually correct this time, the onHit looks even BETTER than when I looked at it.