Dominion Lulu build - AP/On-hit hybrid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyvernfist

04-14-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-hybrid-202773

Please comment/theorycraft/criticize! Except FDru- he's only allowed to criticize.

ImCoolerOnline

04-15-2012

Tanky lulu

Noticed someone mention garrison. Been running Garrison/Revive during free week and it has been spectacularly successful.

Volandum

04-15-2012

You totally missed Garrison. Lulu is a strong defender and that'll help.

Why not build Stinger before Codex? It gives much better stats and is cheaper.

Malady is not a MR item, did you mean wit's end?

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2012

No, this build will not work.

You'd get blown up too easy, very lacking in defensive stats and health ( and no sustain )

Tanky AP/CDR Lulu is the best build for her IMO as it lets her defend like a boss and polymorph like every 7 seconds. ( max cdr )

Yellow Jester

04-15-2012

AD lulu is the strongest I've seen.

Wyvernfist

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
You'd get blown up too easy
Yes, just like every other squishy out there (like Ashe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
very lacking in defensive stats and health ( and no sustain )

Tanky AP/CDR Lulu is the best build for her IMO as it lets her defend like a boss and polymorph like every 7 seconds. ( max cdr )
Um....totally has sustain. Sure, lacking on defense, but as I mention in the Items section, you're supposed to work those in depending on your opponents. This build has max CDR as well, so I don't know what you're getting at.

I know she works well as tanky CC machine, in the same way that Alistar does. Doesn't mean you can't have fun with her as a DPS now and then.

Wyvernfist

04-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
You totally missed Garrison. Lulu is a strong defender and that'll help.

Malady is not a MR item, did you mean wit's end?
Both of these are changes I made right after publishing; I didn't realize I need to republish to show these changes. Thanks for catching that!

Edit: Changes are up.

Shaxtenn

04-15-2012

I don't like this build. You're trying to do two separate things - AP and on-hit - and you end up succeeding at neither.

Nashor's is not a good item for any Lulu build. On-hit Lulu doesn't need CDR or AP (since her passive has no AP ratio). AP Lulu doesn't need attack speed. Forget Nashor's.

For an on-hit build, you want items that provide attack speed on-hit effects, some survivability, and some AD so you aren't relying on magic damage from on-hit effects, thereby preventing the enemy from counter-building you with magic resist. Items I like to build: Malady, Wit's End, Black Cleaver, Ionic Spark, Lightbringer, Atma's, Zeke's Herald, Sanguine Blade. Nashor's is a bad item as it provides only attack speed, and no other valuable effect (CDR is not valuable to Lulu using this build). Your battle plan is to right click on your opponent and watch them die. Glitterlance slows them from escaping, Whimsy slows them and stops them from fighting back or using spells to escape, and Help Pix and Wild Growth are your "I'm taking too much damage" self-preservation abilities to buy you a couple more seconds to deal damage and kill your opponent. All of your spells are purely there to enable you to use your absurdly augmented autoattacks.

For an AP build, you want as much AP as possible, enough survivability to let you get by, and either a DFG or Lich Bane to supplement your lack of a third damage spell. I like to build: sorc shoes, prospector's ring, DFG (always), deathcap, void staff or haunting guise, and finish with either abyssal sceptre or frozen heart. With DFG + Glitterlance + Pix, you can likely nuke someone for 70-90% of their health, then finish the job with ignite, or else kite them with Wild Growth and Whimsy until your cooldowns come back to finish them off.

Wyvernfist

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
I don't like this build. You're trying to do two separate things - AP and on-hit - and you end up succeeding at neither.

Nashor's is not a good item for any Lulu build. On-hit Lulu doesn't need CDR or AP (since her passive has no AP ratio). AP Lulu doesn't need attack speed. Forget Nashor's.

For an on-hit build, you want items that provide attack speed on-hit effects, some survivability, and some AD so you aren't relying on magic damage from on-hit effects, thereby preventing the enemy from counter-building you with magic resist. Items I like to build: Malady, Wit's End, Black Cleaver, Ionic Spark, Lightbringer, Atma's, Zeke's Herald, Sanguine Blade. Nashor's is a bad item as it provides only attack speed, and no other valuable effect (CDR is not valuable to Lulu using this build). Your battle plan is to right click on your opponent and watch them die. Glitterlance slows them from escaping, Whimsy slows them and stops them from fighting back or using spells to escape, and Help Pix and Wild Growth are your "I'm taking too much damage" self-preservation abilities to buy you a couple more seconds to deal damage and kill your opponent. All of your spells are purely there to enable you to use your absurdly augmented autoattacks.

For an AP build, you want as much AP as possible, enough survivability to let you get by, and either a DFG or Lich Bane to supplement your lack of a third damage spell. I like to build: sorc shoes, prospector's ring, DFG (always), deathcap, void staff or haunting guise, and finish with either abyssal sceptre or frozen heart. With DFG + Glitterlance + Pix, you can likely nuke someone for 70-90% of their health, then finish the job with ignite, or else kite them with Wild Growth and Whimsy until your cooldowns come back to finish them off.
I appreciate the lengthy reply, however I feel you're missing the goal of this build. You get constant CC from the CDR, and decent damage both from on-hit and spell spam.

Will you try it?

Nicodemous

04-16-2012

I don't play dominion, but I always play an agressive hybrid Lulu, she owns lane and crushes towers. You don't pick up a lot of kills, but you do get tons of assists and like I said, you also get to own the lane and crush the towers...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...emo+connection

Just posted something much like this a few days ago...