Galio ~ Massive M Resist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0bligation

08-10-2010

Thanks for the comments guys (: I was thinking of mentioning sunfires vs a heavy physical team, as the taunt would bring them into the sunfire dmg along with additional armor.

Liquid Bible

08-10-2010

Sunfire Galio...

Now I pretty much have to buy this guy.

0bligation

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbs View Post
hmm, i was thinking about throwing on a spirit visage because of the hp/5 and mag resist...i'm gonna definitely experiment with builds...i really like the idea of hp/5 and mag resist because of his shield and his ult
Seems like a solid idea, and the cooldown reduction is also nice.

Rodimus Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

You mentioned almost all of the items I had in mind. I think build order will just depend on enemy composition.

The only Items I would deem mandatory are Mercury Treads and Aegis. Banshee Veil is near mandatory, he gets so much out of it, and like you said early game catalyst is one of the best items in game.

So many fun options to try, I can't wait to get home tonight. I will most likely be writing a guide for him after I have substantial experience with him.

larkhill

08-10-2010

something VERY important to mention that you forgot...

from the announcement

Quote:
One important feature is that Idol of Durand will always do the full base damage regardless of how long you’ve channeled it, so if an enemy is about to escape with Cleanse or you just need to deal some quick damage, you can immediately cancel the skill.
i just faced a galio who would simply run into a teamfight and ult, then watch us walk out of it and destroy his entire team. then he proceeded to QQ. every time. it happened 3 or 4 times before they just surrendered.

merc treads will let people walk out of the ult if u wait for the full cast. its a good idea to cancel it if u see the enemy with merc treads, which i guarantee u, u will.

Anomandar

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
something VERY important to mention that you forgot...

from the announcement

i just faced a galio who would simply run into a teamfight and ult, then watch us walk out of it and destroy his entire team. then he proceeded to QQ. every time. it happened 3 or 4 times before they just surrendered.

merc treads will let people walk out of the ult if u wait for the full cast. its a good idea to cancel it if u see the enemy with merc treads, which i guarantee u, u will.
I would assume that this is a bug and will be fixed eventually. The ult is a 2.5 second channeled taunt. Having 35% less taunt on mercury threads should not affect his ult taunt.

PatMcGroyne

08-10-2010

Honestly Galio is made to counter mages just like rammus is made to counter physical carries. This means you should probably only play him in ranked games when the other team has 2 or 3 mages. Just like if your team needs a tank you probably want to pick rammus if they have 2 or 3 phys carries...

It's just like how in ranked everyone wants to pick their favourite champ so when you have Veigar, Annie, Morgana and Ryze on your team the last person will pick someone like Nidalee so almost all of your damage is Magic so the other team stacks MR and you are all super squishy an you lose every team fight.

Dwarfling

08-10-2010

I don't see Sunfires being good for him, given that he has long range on his Q and E I find myself reluctant to dive in melee unless I'm going for R. I buy Thornmail instead, puts me at a nice ~160 armor with just one item, helps the Ult a bit and keeps the DPS away.

I don't find myself having any mana issues after the laning phase with MP5/lvl seals and Meditation(3), I don't think you really need to waste time going for Chalice, instead going for the Banshee straight away.

0bligation

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfling View Post
I don't see Sunfires being good for him, given that he has long range on his Q and E I find myself reluctant to dive in melee unless I'm going for R. I buy Thornmail instead, puts me at a nice ~160 armor with just one item, helps the Ult a bit and keeps the DPS away.

I don't find myself having any mana issues after the laning phase with MP5/lvl seals and Meditation(3), I don't think you really need to waste time going for Chalice, instead going for the Banshee straight away.
I agree with this myself but I would like to see a sunfire build with nice movespeed(Movespeed Quints maybe?) using your speed up line and aoe slow to catch and trap someone into your sunfires.

0bligation

08-12-2010

Bump