I just can't get a Xin build that I am satisfied with.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicXX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-11-2010

Usually I will go with items like Last Whisper and Zeal first, then Frost Mallet and later on if the game is still going on Starks Ferver. Boots are swiftness or merc treads.

But it just seems like I could be doing so much more with a different build.

Maybe going IE first, then Last Whisper and concentrate on damage items like Black Cleaver? Though Frost Mallet is so useful...

Thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Animus

Senior Member

08-11-2010

What I've found to work for me at least is rush Phage, then get whichever boots to suit the team you're playing against, then make a Zeal and eventually into Phantom Dancer. From there I adjust to what I should get. If they have like 2 or more tanks, or some beefy dps'ers like Udyr, etc. I pick up a Black Cleaver. If they have a lot of ranged DPS I just stick with an Infinity Edge. After I finish BC or IE I finish Frozen Mallet. And if the game ever goes on long enough I just get a Atma's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hu4rollz

Senior Member

08-11-2010

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think all-dps Xin builds are a mistake in the vast majority of games.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=191488


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

Senior Member

08-12-2010

Try:
Long sword + Hp Pot
->Brutalizer
Ninja Tabi
Spirit Visage
Phage
Vamp Scepter
Zeal
->Bloodthirster
->Youmuu's
->Trinity Force
Bloodthirster


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DDR16

Junior Member

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hu4rollz View Post
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think all-dps Xin builds are a mistake in the vast majority of games.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=191488
That is incorrect. 1 v 1 a dps/lifesteal built Xin will beat the hp/hp gen stacking Xin pretty well

@ the first poster

As a naturally fast character getting two zeals or phantom dancers is key which put you around 490 movement speed with beserkers boots, which makes you a king of ganking by getting kill then running out for another encounter.

This is my usual item build

Dorans Blade or Vamperic Scepter (its situational but usually I go with Scepter to build bloodthirster later)
Beserkers Greaves (attack speed and movement, the perfect combo for us)
Zeal (get the gloves first usually when you go back to get boots)
Zeal or finish first Phantom Dancer (Depending on how you are doing finish your first zeal or get another. At this point you should have a significant amount of attack speed and movement speed and be dominating)
Phantom Dancer II
Bloodthirster (you will be hitting for about 400 at this point every hit since you have so much crit)
Final items are up to you (Last whispers are always nice and sometimes I will get this after second zeal)

I usually am a 20/4/10 player with this setup.

I also use armor pen, crit, and cooldown reducing runes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceDive

Senior Member

08-12-2010

20/4/10, usually?! How long are your games?!!!

I don't play xin too much, but i find Brutalizer Guardian Angel to work nicely.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DDR16

Junior Member

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDive View Post
20/4/10, usually?! How long are your games?!!!

I don't play xin too much, but i find Brutalizer Guardian Angel to work nicely.
30-35 minutes and they want me to kill babies


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronMongrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-12-2010

I rush Razor then make a Starks. Then, if the game's not done, anything from a GA to something with more AS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

Senior Member

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR16 View Post
That is incorrect. 1 v 1 a dps/lifesteal built Xin will beat the hp/hp gen stacking Xin pretty well

@ the first poster

As a naturally fast character getting two zeals or phantom dancers is key which put you around 490 movement speed with beserkers boots, which makes you a king of ganking by getting kill then running out for another encounter.

This is my usual item build

Dorans Blade or Vamperic Scepter (its situational but usually I go with Scepter to build bloodthirster later)
Beserkers Greaves (attack speed and movement, the perfect combo for us)
Zeal (get the gloves first usually when you go back to get boots)
Zeal or finish first Phantom Dancer (Depending on how you are doing finish your first zeal or get another. At this point you should have a significant amount of attack speed and movement speed and be dominating)
Phantom Dancer II
Bloodthirster (you will be hitting for about 400 at this point every hit since you have so much crit)
Final items are up to you (Last whispers are always nice and sometimes I will get this after second zeal)

I usually am a 20/4/10 player with this setup.

I also use armor pen, crit, and cooldown reducing runes
It's not a 1v1 game. Don't get Pd unless you can use the dodge, and you have so much crit yet you din't get IE.

Imo Aegis or Banshees -> Starks is better as Xin has to go in early to use his ulti to full potential.

Edit: Mallet is good to, If you don't get red buff often.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceDive

Senior Member

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR16 View Post
30-35 minutes and they want me to kill babies
There is no way anybody is going to average 20 kills in 30 minute games. Also, hard to beleive you get twice as much kills as assists when you have 2 AOE damage skills.


12