Galio ~ Massive M Resist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0bligation

08-09-2010

Obligation's suggested Galio build

Massive M-Resist Build

Skills~

Resolute Smite:
Galio fires a concussive blast from his eyes, slowing and dealing damage to enemies caught near the impact point.

Bulward:
Galio shields an ally Champion, increasing their Armor and Magic Resistance, and restoring Galio's health each time that Champion suffers damage.

Righteous Gust:
Galio claps his wings, unleashing a gust of concussive wind that damages enemies and leaves a directional draft in its wake that increases ally movement speed.

Idol of Durand (Ultimate):
Galio assumes the form of a statue, taunting nearby enemies and storing concussive energy as they attack him. Galio then bursts from his statue shell, releasing the stored energy to damage surrounding foes.

Items~

Open with..
Boots 1, 2 mana potions, 1 hp potion

Catalyst of the Protector(Helps you stay in your lane early game and makes Banshee's Veil)

Boots 1 -> Mercury's Treads

Catalyst of the Protector -> Banshee's Veil

Force of Nature

Abyssal Scepter

-Other Options for items

Chalice of Harmony, for those who love to spam skills and need the mana regen, although catalyst should replenish alot early on.
Quicksilver Sash, good if you lack Cleanse and if their team has a ton of disables
Gaurdian Angel, great survivability, helps if theres some physical damage on the opposing team
Sunfire Capes, Good against physicals, your ultimate holds enemies within the sunfire dmg
Thornmail, Reflects 30% of all the attacks you get in your ult.

Runes~

Mpen Marks 9x
Flat Mres Glyphs 9x
Health p/lv 9x
Flat Health or Flat Mres Quints

Note: I would think more hp would be better as your Quintessences at this point, since your mres is through the roof

Summoner Spells~
-choose 2-

Cleanse(If left out Quicksilver Sash is a good item)
Clarity
Heal

Mastery~

Taking a weird mastery build I suggest 3-6-21.

-In Offense
3 : Archmage's Savvy
-In Defense
1 : Mender's Faith
3 : Resistance
2 : Strength of Spirit
-In Utility
1 : Good Hands
3 : Perserverence
4 : Awareness
2 : Expanded Mind
3 : Meditation
1 : Insight
3 : Quickness
3: Intelligence
1 : Presence of the Master

SuperSexyUnicorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2010

hmm, i was thinking about throwing on a spirit visage because of the hp/5 and mag resist...i'm gonna definitely experiment with builds...i really like the idea of hp/5 and mag resist because of his shield and his ult

Amaterasuomikami

08-09-2010

How about actually getting tank gear vs enemies you are fighting?

While with his AP bonus from MR it seems like a good idea to stack it, im sure in practice it turns out to be less then effective [espically with his ult being a charged taunt]

Animus

08-09-2010

Like how it's kinda useless stacking health on Vlad.

Fluffy1

08-09-2010

you will certainly need armour, being taunted means they will auto attack you lots, magic resist wont help you there.

peyo

08-09-2010

exactly... make him a pure tank, or make him AP champ (Abyssal will actually work lovely here)

Dr Niles Aquatic

08-09-2010

He gets, what was it, 50% of his Magic Resist as AP?

Even if you got 400 magic resist, that's only 200 AP - not an incredible amount for the amount of other stats you'd be giving up.

niskax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-10-2010

He'll be a hilarious counterpick to heavy caster teams if they aren't smart enough to ban him.

Merc treads, chalice, spirit visage, banshees, abyssal, aegis lul at MR in every slot. But ya, drop one or two of those items for sunfires and you're golden.

Ulfhednar

08-10-2010

i was thinking something along the lines of chalice of harmony, abyssal scepter and mercury treads, and then probably a thornmail and two sunfires. but i always build to for a champs ult

Volpes

08-10-2010

Seems like a pretty solid build against a caster team. Please, please buy armor though if the other team has a lot of physicals.